Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Badges Group buy
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Marketplace > Elantra Club Marketplace > Group Buys

View New Posts
Pages: 1, 2
ilanpro
Ok To be Able to get this done we need a minimun of 35 orders so lets get rolling

add $2 for Shipping in the US and $3 to Canada

my paypal is monilan@ptd.net
Please say what package you want or if you want a custom one PM me

package 1

. 1 Plaque $10 Size is 4" long X 1.25" tall

[package 7

2 plaques $15

List

1. southpawboston Pack 2PAID
2.Migs 01 Pack 7 PAID
3.RoydjtPack 7 PAID
4.oiml8 Pack 1PAID
5.Morgan5 Package 7PAID
6.bugs27979Package 7PAID
7.Gearcat Package 7PAID
8.Devin Package 7PAID
9.sizzski Package 7PAID
10.gonzo777 Package 7PAID
11. Bigs Package 7PAID
12. silet Package 7PAID

When we get the 35 paople then you guys can Pay. They will not be manufactured untill payment. I cant afford to pay for this out of my pocket. If I could I would blush.gif
southpawboston
count me in for package 2 ilan... i'll paypal you later today.
Migs 01
Sent you payment ilan. symbol-dollarsign.gif Thanks alot. biggrin.gif
elantragt
These are the badges/plaques everybody seemed to like. These things give you lots of options. The ovals replace the crooked H... the plaques will look great almost anywhere and the shift patterns are a cool idea for folks with aftermarket shift knobs. Unfortunately, unless Ilan gets 35 orders minimum he can't get this done so lets get the ball rolling here, ok? thumbsup.gif
roydjt
Package #7 please! *Paid*

-Roy
oiml8
I'll take option 1. I will send money if there are enough orders.
Morgan5
QUOTE (oiml8 @ Jun 4 2005, 10:17 PM)
I will send money if there are enough orders.

I have been waiting for a badge gb! I will take package 3. I will also pay once we get enough orders.
signs-super.gif
bugs27979
Package 7. I will also pay once we get enough orders.
southpawboston
QUOTE (southpawboston @ Jun 4 2005, 07:39 AM)
count me in for package 2 ilan... i'll paypal you later today.

okay, i am modifying my statement-- i haven't paypalled the money yet; i will wait like the others until there is sufficient interest. but count me in nonetheless!!!!!!!
Devin
I'll go with package 7, and like others I'll pay when we hit the required number. Thanks for setting this up, ilan! thumbsup.gif
sizzski
I will take package 3 and I will also wait till you reach the magic number.
gonzo777
put me down for #7 - thanx Ilan thumbsup.gif
elantragt
Guys, this is just my two cents here but saying you're in but not paying isn't a real commitment IMO.

Ok, say we get 35 people saying they want them but will pay later. Then Ilan has to try to collect from those 35 and then order the stuff... that will cause mega delays. If he has the money up front the ordering process will be sped up considerably. I think we should commit and pay and then, if by some chance we don't reach the goal Ilan will refund. We had a group buy at the old forum and we reached 35 easily if I remember. These are great items.

Again, this is only my opinion but this "I'll wait and see and I'll pay you when and if" stuff will only make it a much longer wait to get your items.
roydjt
Mitch, the flipside of that is that if the minimum number is not reached, the PayPal fees will cause everyone to lose at least a buck. You're right, it can cause delays, but I can understand why people want to wait until the min is reached to send their ca$h.

-Roy
stauf
Ilan, if you like, I'll make you a page like I do for the GB's Eq and I have done. While I have confidence in this buncha guys-n-gals, considering you need 35, Mitch's thoughts may not be without merrit. Paypal has finally made it fairly easy to refund money so asking everyone to pay to join isn't a horrible idea. Just know that if you do this, you'll have to set a deadline for everyone. Ppl don't want money tied up endlessly, I know we have a great group here that's very patient and understanding, but not setting a date isn't fair to anyone.

Lemme know if I can help at all.
stauf
QUOTE (Roydjt @ Jun 5 2005, 10:23 PM)
Mitch, the flipside of that is that if the minimum number is not reached, the PayPal fees will cause everyone to lose at least a buck.  You're right, it can cause delays, but I can understand why people want to wait until the min is reached to send their ca$h.

-Roy

Roy, With the HU GB, 2 ppl requested refunds. Paypal's refund option is valid for 60 days if I remember correctly, and is issued as a Full refund including any fees that were deducted. Also remember that a standard paypal account is Free to send and receive money. I'm not sure which account type Ilan has, but the drawback to the freebie account is you can only receive paypal funds, not creditcards or checks.

I just wanted to make clear that when you issue a refund, paypal doesn't keep anything...
Morgan5
I have no problem paying up front Im just a major noob when it comes to paypal, I mean I know how to pay with it and thats fine... but recieving pay pal pymts (in the event that a refund is required do to not enough interest) Im in the dark. I guess if I knew how recieving pay pal pymts worked I would pay now biggrin.gif
roydjt
stauf, thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully that will make people more apt to take the plunge.

Morgan, a refund is simply credited to your PayPal account. If you check your balance, it would show up there. If you want the money deposited into your bank account, it will be done with no fees.

-Roy
Morgan5
cheerleader1.gif I just commited myself also, money sent cheerleader1.gif
ilanpro
For the ones that paid the $$ is geting sent to my savings account. Others can vauch my honesty smile.gif

also when you paypal use your User Name so I know who is who blush.gif
trololololo
when's the deadline for the money?

i kinda ran into some legal fees and fines today......
Morgan5
I think if you say you your in then you can wait and pay when we reach that magic number biggrin.gif
trololololo
really?

then i'm in... package number 4...

if not... then i guess i'm SOL.
Morgan5
The way I understand it is some people arent paying until we hit 35 anyway, so I don't see why you wouldnt be able to just pay once we do
ilanpro
QUOTE (Morgan5 @ Jun 6 2005, 02:43 PM)
The way I understand it is some people arent paying until we hit 35 anyway, so I don't see why you wouldnt be able to just pay once we do

You would be surpriced
silet
Put me down for package # 7
ilanpro
Common People lets not drag feet
bugs27979
I plan on paying as soon as I can...I'm just waiting for payday fit.gif
elantragt
I honestly believe the plaques should be a huge seller. I mean they are really versatile and will look great in the interior or exterior.

Just curious why more members aren't interested in the badges/emblems. They're cheap. They're unique. And they give your car a custom look. That and they show some club pride. So why so few takers? Just wondering.
trololololo
i think you should send out emails every time there's a group buy.
bugs27979
QUOTE (Cite 3 @ Jun 9 2005, 01:51 PM)

Good Idea!
Migs 01
QUOTE (Cite 3 @ Jun 9 2005, 01:51 PM)

Or post something at the top of the main forum page that way members who don't frequent the forum or the classified thread have a heads up once they log in. biggrin.gif
Morgan5
This is something I would like to have, hopefully the pace picks up and we can go forward biggrin.gif
Devin
Paid up! Sorry it took so long, been busy at the office because we finish tomorrow!
gonzo777
QUOTE (elantragt @ Jun 9 2005, 11:52 AM)
I honestly believe the plaques should be a huge seller. I mean they are really versatile and will look great in the interior or exterior.

Just curious why more members aren't interested in the badges/emblems. They're cheap. They're unique. And they give your car a custom look. That and they show some club pride. So why so few takers? Just wondering.

Yeah ... and only 50 votes on the Best Modded Contest ... confused-scratchhead3.gif

I get paid in 5 days. I'll pay up then.
elantragt
QUOTE (gonzo777 @ Jun 10 2005, 01:16 AM)
Yeah ... and only 50 votes on the Best Modded Contest ...  confused-scratchhead3.gif

I get paid in 5 days.  I'll pay up then.

People seemed really gung ho over the design and the plaques. It seems like folks want to wait but if Ilan can't get 35 orders he can't get them at all which would be a shame. Our GT Club badge group buy at the archive went much better. I'm suprised and well I'm actually shocked at the lack of interest.

I'd like to here from members who aren't interested why they aren't. Is it the price? The design? confused-scratchhead3.gif
flcerberus
I was initially very gung ho on this one and thought I was going to buy but then I thought about the fact that we just did the etched glass group buy that Roydjt set up and that I will have those to deal with once I get them. It's not that I don't like the plaques or ovals it's just that when I thought about adding them to my car after I put the decal's on would be a bit of overkill. I may yet change my mind over the next few days if I get my decals and see what they look like on the car, but I am not sure I would want to do both. Am I alone here? Not wanting to stir worms or bad blood but just an observation as to why this might be going slower than expected for Ilan whose efforts by the way are greatly appreciated.
silet
QUOTE (flcerberus @ Jun 10 2005, 06:36 PM)
I was initially very gung ho on this one and thought I was going to buy but then I thought about the fact that we just did the etched glass group buy that Roydjt set up and that I will have those to deal with once I get them. It's not that I don't like the plaques or ovals it's just that when  I thought about adding them to my car after I put the decal's on would be a bit of overkill. I may yet change my mind over the next few days if I get my decals and see what they look like on the car, but I am not sure I would want to do both.  Am I alone here? Not wanting to stir worms or bad blood but just an observation as to why this might be going slower than expected for Ilan whose efforts by the way are greatly appreciated.

No, you're not alone. I was thinking along the same lines and maybe having both buys so close together may be causing the low interest. That is the main reason I selected the badges (yeah I know, we don't need no stinkin badges!!!). They are small and would look great behind the front wheels at the same line as the molding. On the GTs it will be even better because it will continue the molding line!

I'm worried about ricing out the car with stickers and badges, but if we get 5 hp each, it's a good deal laugh.gif
ilanpro
Well, IMO you need to think outside the box. the plaque will look great on replacing an existing badge or to complement the interior. the badge is only 1.25" x 4" Small enough to not cause alarm. As for the oval it has a home in the trunk and/or grille. you are Not adding , just upgrading and representing.
southpawboston
i'm with ilan here...i'm the last person on earth who would rice-out his ride, and i bought a sticker and i'm also in on the badges GB. like ilan said, there's a place for both, and it's a nice inexpensive way to upgrade and represent. my money will be down for the badge the moment we hit 35 people.

and even if interest has died down, what's the big deal? if people lose interest and the deal falls through, it's not the end of the world. maybe it just means the timing is not right...
ilanpro
Nothing Rice about this confused-scratchhead3.gif

and the original that is on my Car right now

Emblem
gonzo777
So by my count, with 12 orders thus far:
Plaques -- 18
Ovals -- 4

Ilan-
If we can't get 35 peoople, what's the minumum number of plaques/ovals that we need to hit?

I know I said I'd pay up today, but at this rate ...
elantragt
Maybe we could just make this a plaque only group buy. Those things are the sh#t.
Gelicious
I will take package 2 for one plaque and i also want to order one of thouse hyundai shifter badges. so that is another order.. I sure hope we get more orders. and I like the others will send the dough to save you the hassel once we get close to the min order limit...
trololololo
what happens if it never goes through, do people get their money back? i finally get paid this weekend and was hoping to pay for this and subscribe...

i just want the oval for the rear..and the second oval somewhere inside the engine bay...

this is the only thing preventing me from painting my crooked H black.
ilanpro
Yes people would get their $$ back if is not a go
ilanpro
QUOTE (elantragt @ Jun 15 2005, 01:02 PM)
Maybe we could just make this a plaque only group buy. Those things are the sh#t.

I was thinking the same, If everybody on the list would get the package 7 and paid now I can have them made right away, is up to the 13 people on the list.
you all need to PM me with the apporval so there are no misunderstanding later.
trololololo
<:*(

i guess that allow me to paint the crooked h black... but i was lookin forward to the oval...
ilanpro
We need the following people to agree and commit to make the plaques so I can get them made ASAP

southpawboston Pack 2

oiml8 Pack 1

Cite 3 Package 4

13 Gelicious Package 2

and these to pay

bugs27979 Package 7

gonzo777 Package 7
southpawboston
consider me committed! paypal payment sent.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.