This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another Elantra
stugguts
post Feb 1 2005, 01:24 AM
Post #1 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Thanks Received: 0
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 126

Well I got a call from a friend in Minnasota and he bought an Elantra GLS a few months ago. He is coming out this way around the first part of July and driving his car. I'm the one who talked him into buying the car in the first place though. He was here around graduation time last year, and when I was looking at cars. So I will be sure to keep everyone posted on how his car looks, and what all we do together. He has made me think about mods to my car too, just not sure on the whole warranty thing? Can anyone explain what we can and can't do please? confused-scratchhead3.gif

Thanks,
StugGuts. 2003 GLS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Elantrick
post Feb 1 2005, 07:46 AM
Post #2 | Print

Sailin' Man
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Thanks Received: 2
Member No.: 51
Mood: Confident

Your warranty will still be valid if you do mods to your car. The mods may knock out parts of your warranty, but not all of it. For example, if you install a turbo, and one of your pistons melt, that wouldn't be covered. However if a seat track breaks, that would.

Things to think about.

One of the best bang for the buck is the Tibby sway bar. Completely changed how our cars handle for the better for only about $160. The stock GT rear sway bar is 15mm thick. The tibby is 19mm thick. This controls the body roll and reduces the over steer that our cars have.

If you have a manual transmission, look into a short shifter. I like the adjustable unit from Shark. There is a DIY in the DIY section on this. This is a fun mod to do. I love having only a 3.5" throw from first to second. The effort for this is greater, and I couldn't get it into reverse or fifth after my Hand surgeries, but all I had to was adjust it to a 6" throw, and then I could.

Wheels and tires. You have two options here. 16" and 17" This will help with the steering response and grip. One of the more expensive mods, but they look cool.

--------------------

Elantrick's 2004 Tidal Wave Blue GT

Sporting black with red stripe 17X7.5" Drag wheels, Nitto Neo-Gen 215/40/17 tires, 19.2 rear Sway Bar, Shark Adjustable Short Shifter with lifted frame, 100 watt head lamps,
with hid fog lamps wired independent of the Low beams, cold air intake, Edelbrock springs lowered 1.25" with KYB shocks and Tinted Windows.

+Quote Post
silet
post Feb 1 2005, 09:41 AM
Post #3 | Print

Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Thanks Received: 137
Trader Stats: 14 (100%)
Member No.: 5
Mood: Blah

QUOTE (Elantrick @ Feb 1 2005, 07:46 AM)
Wheels and tires.  You have two options here.  16" and 17"  This will help with the steering response and grip.  One of the more expensive mods, but they look cool.

PSSST, there's a third option SHHHH ninja.gif 15" alloys with performance tires, but don't tell any one wink.gif

--------------------

05 Tidal Wave GLS 5 spd

+Quote Post
elantragt
post Feb 3 2005, 11:38 PM
Post #4 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.02
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

PSSST, there's a third option SHHHH  15" alloys with performance tires, but don't tell any one 

Silet, you're absolutely right that putting larger, lower profile performance tires on the stock wheels is a great alternative to the expense of costly aftermarket wheels, but some folks like the appearance aspect of the upgraded wheels! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
stugguts
post Feb 4 2005, 12:52 AM
Post #5 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Thanks Received: 0
Member No.: 126

I hated the caps on the stock GLS cars. sad.gif I love wheels and so that is why I went with 17", only I need to downgrade to 205 instead of having 215 tires. This has definatly made me think about all the options for handling. confused-scratchhead3.gif

--------------------

ALMOST STOCK!!!!!!

user posted image

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Elantra Sport review
4 elantragt 116,463 21st June 2017 - 05:26 PM
Last post by: elantragt
No New Posts Another OEM Nav upgrade?
0 Docnoisewater 1,246 2nd March 2017 - 09:35 PM
Last post by: Docnoisewater
No New Posts Elantra GLS 2016 Diesel HID to Xenon
Elantra GLS 2016 Diesel HID to Xenon
0 zipzip 979 13th November 2016 - 05:56 PM
Last post by: zipzip
No New Posts Elantra GT TIRES
215-45-17 TIRES
0 i30al 1,055 31st July 2016 - 10:11 PM
Last post by: i30al
No New Posts Elantra HP boost
Any suggestions on hp boost for elantra?
7 Spiritblade 2,314 2nd March 2016 - 04:04 PM
Last post by: Morsel

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 05:32 PM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America