This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elantra i30 aka: GT looking for info
bruce19
post Aug 26 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #1 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Thanks Received: 1
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 16,501

I just bought a 2013 Elantra GT 6 sp. It's my understanding that they are Euro versions (i30) of the Elantra and significantly different from other US Elantras. Just wondering if someone can point me to some resource that details the differences. TIA

--------------------

A proud member of the club.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex2013GT
post Aug 26 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #2 | Print

GT for life!
Group Icon
Group: VIP Members
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Thanks Received: 478
Trader Stats: 2 (100%)
Member No.: 34
Mood: Optimistic

Don't know if I have ever found a specific comparison of differences and similarities between the US Elantra sedan and the Elantra GT, but I can run down some basics off the top of my head. Feel free to look around at the features on Hyundai's site as you will likely find more than just my recollection below:

Similarities:
Both the sedan and the GT in the US use the same engine and powerplant. Some have replaced the rear shocks (one of the complaints is there is some rear end hop) and from what I have found the same shock has been used successfully for both the sedan and the GT. KYB is the brand that most have used and those that have done it swear by the results (I myself have not yet done this though).

Differences:
Obviously the body style and exterior styling is completely different between the two. This includes pretty much every body panel, headlights, tail lights, grill, etc. The GT you can get the pano roof, whereas you cannot get that on the sedan or the coupe. On the GT you get the driver selectable steering modes (Sport, Normal, Comfort). On the GT you get a driver side knee airbag. The interior layout and configuration is different between the two. The wheel options are different, though both share the same lug pattern. The GT allows the driver to change various configurations as part of the tripometer menu (i.e. auto lock/unlock, auto turn signal, etc). On the sedan you need to go to the dealer to get these options changed.

I'm sure there are plenty more and feel free to add any that you find to this thread, but those are some that come to me off the top of my mind.

Welcome to the club! happy-wavehello6.gif

--------------------

Please consider helping keep the club online and independent. Donate here to help the club.

Current Car: 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, 6 spd manual w/ the style and tech packages
Previous Hyundai's: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE in Venetian Red; 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS, 3.3L V-6 in Ebony Black; 2004 Elantra GT, 5 spd manual in tidal wave blue

+Quote Post
bruce19
post Aug 28 2013, 09:21 AM
Post #3 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Thanks Received: 1
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 16,501

Thanks Alex. One of the things that Car & Driver noted is that Hyundai "tweaked" the suspension of the GT but I have no idea what that means specifically. I've noticed that the ride can be harsh as if the shocks are not up to the task. I was thinking of replacing them at some point but am not sure if that's the only issue affecting the ride over bumpy surfaces.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Elantra GT
post Aug 28 2013, 09:31 AM
Post #4 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Thanks Received: 136
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 11,366
Mood: Carefree

Hey-Having owned an '11 Elantra, I can tell you there is a difference in ride quality with the '13 GT. Hyundai added better rear shocks and a rear sway bar for improved handling. The front shocks are a little soft, IMO.

--------------------

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Looking for some advice
0 danciucci 12,399 1st July 2017 - 10:44 AM
Last post by: danciucci
No New Posts Elantra Sport review
4 elantragt 118,041 21st June 2017 - 05:26 PM
Last post by: elantragt
No New Posts looking from facts from experience on exhaust.
2007 Exhaust flex pipe replacement
2 pitpndlm 689 6th April 2017 - 09:23 AM
Last post by: 2000J25SP
No New Posts For Sale: Ksport Coilover kit
13 Bobzilla 2,162 24th December 2016 - 11:26 AM
Last post by: slowgls
No New Posts Elantra GLS 2016 Diesel HID to Xenon
Elantra GLS 2016 Diesel HID to Xenon
0 zipzip 980 13th November 2016 - 05:56 PM
Last post by: zipzip

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 11:12 AM