Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Come Fly Through The Cones....
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Automotive > The Racing Zone > Elantra Racing

View New Posts
Pages: 1, 2
LateAPXR

On Sunday Aug, 6th the Fort Wayne SCCA region will be having their 4th SOLO event at the Grissom Aeroplex in Peru, IN.

Would anyone like to join Jason and I at the event?

Peru, IN is located halfway between Fort Wayne and Indianapolis so I would LOVE to see Gonzo, Shadow, Soulless and Bob come and join us! Anyone else is invited too! If you need help in deciding which class to run in PM Jason or myself for help....we'll be glad to!

Here is map of where it is.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Peru,+IN&ie=...116178,5.537109

For more information please visit: http://www.fwscca.com/

I would like to stress that you needn't be an SCCA member, $20 gets you racing in YOUR car. Helmets ARE available for use if you don't have one. If interested, please PRE-register HERE online through our site! You'll recieve a discount and we'll all get more runs. (maybe even fun runs for $1/run!)

Hope to see a lot of Eclub members there!
Ishtar
I might be down, depending on my employment sit.
J-son
Nice job Tim! Thanks for posting this!

smile.gif

come on peoples, come and join the fun.

if you cannot get pre-reg to work on myautoevents.com, send me an email with the following:

Name:
Car Make, Model, Year:
Color:
Which Class and Car number:
Adress and phone number:

If you pre-reg, this helps us out, even if you pre-reg and cannot make it, that is ok.

So let me know guys: hyundaituner@gmail.com or call me 260-615-5111 (verizon)

Cheers,
Jason
LateAPXR
Jason, I just pre-reg'd myself and volunteered to work registration with you meaning we have to drive early!

Actually...it may be better to drive up the night before and sleep in the car. I don't mind doing that and we can't be late!
---------
QUOTE (Ishtar @ Jul 14 2006, 11:39 AM)
I might be down, depending on my employment sit.

Awesome Joe....

If you can't make it that's cool....I'm expecting more people from INDIANA than CANADA.....

HINT HINT RICHARD, BOB, CLIFF AND SOULLESS!
J-son
yeah, might think about it?
Bobzilla
Hmm .. .may have to actually make this one.
LateAPXR
OMG.....

I create this thread today and get all worked up and excited about the event....hell maybe even getting Bob to join us and guess what....

The wife calls me at work saying there's this MASSIVE family reunion (hers not mine) back in PA and that we need to go to it.

SONOFA!

Massive = all 4 of her dad's ex-wives/current wife's and their families + immediate family + anyone else

Geezz...I'm sorry guys. Family comes first I guess.

And after I preregistered too!

Jason...take me off the list.

(if this changes though I will update you all!)
J-son
I will leave you on. Dont worry about taking it off. We will deal with that the day b4 the event

Sorry to hear about that!

Family first huh? I thought we were your family!!!! :0)
gonzo777
I'm gonna have to clear it with "the boss", but.... that's too dang close to not go.

...and you used my #1 favorite plane in your pic ... and I know they have one at Grissom. biggrin.gif
LateAPXR
Damn Damn Damn....now even Richard may go. I really wish I could guys!

There is another one the very next week. Saturday is a test & tune ($20) which isn't scored and then sunday is the actual autocross ($20).

I'm planning on hitting up both. I told Christina that there's NO way I'm missing that one. I'll be sleeping in my car lol.....probably driving down sat, converting the hatch to a sleeping area sat night and then driving home sunday after a full weekend of fun.

Hopefully you guys can make that one too!
gonzo777
Okay... looks like I'm in for the 13th ... maybe 12th+13th ... and for the first time EVER ... my wife read my mind!! biggrin.gif

I'm planning on having a little "something special" to show off. 676.gif

Of course, that's assuming I get to put in the shop time I need to get it done. wink.gif

Hopefully we can get some "fun runs" that weekend. B)
Ishtar
SChweet!
oiml8
I got to work this one out. It is too far to drive after getting off work at 12a on Sunday morning. If I can get Sat off then I can do a whole out there weekend.

We'll see.
Ishtar
So, turnsout this is Civic holiday weekend -- which means I have Sat-Mon off.

I'm down for sure... provided someone can hook me up with lodging 676.gif
J-son
My house is half way! You can loudge here if you want!

Or at our bed and breakfast! I will see what I can do with that. But I have room in the house, I just do not have a spare bed, so sleeping bag would be the best option. Up to you bud!

My cell: 260-615-5111 and we can work it all out.

Glad to see so many of you coming out for this. AWESOME!
Bobzilla
Hey Richard, you need the shop space? With the turd gone, I got a whole open area now. . . .
gonzo777
Actually Bob, we're set up in Cliff's garage. Thanks for the offer though.

As for crash space .... I might be able to offer some for you two (Late, Ish)
LateAPXR
^ hmm maybe...depends on how I feel on the end of Sat. May be too tired to drive to Fishers...it'd almost be like driving home for me since it's about equal distance either way.

Would be cool to see the workspace setup and prototypes though...if you'll let us. LOL
J-son
I will not be attending this event. Good luck to all of you guys that go!

Cheers,
Jason
Bobzilla
OK, so who's actually going?

Oh, and there's an extra bedroom at my house as well.
Ishtar
Me. As well as my friend.
Bobzilla
Wow. . . that has connotations beyond what you meant. . . I don't know if I wanna "meat" your "friend". . . haha.gif
Ishtar
lol
Scott's met her.

PS I dunno what I am rolling to the AutoX yet.
Bobzilla
If it ain't Candy Apple red I'll beat your . . . no I won't.
Ishtar
It'll either be Pacific Blue or Black.
Bobzilla
I know the black one, but what's pacific blue?
Ishtar
It qualifies for GMPP.
Bobzilla
Cobalt? G5? Please not the Ion. . . .please. . . .
Ishtar
Ion's the deal. mainly because we're a saturn dealership. It's the performance package dude.
Bobzilla
Noooooooooooooooooo. . . . . . . . Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . . .. . .
gonzo777
Just for clarification ... I'm going the 12th/13th weekend ... wifey (At the moment) seems to be cool with me going both days.
Ishtar
awesome smile.gif

I'm probably doing both smile.gif
gonzo777
QUOTE (Ishtar @ Jul 19 2006, 05:18 PM)
I'm probably doing both smile.gif

Cool. Crash space available if ya need it.
Ishtar
Gonzosport bar if I need it?
Bobzilla
OK, 12/13. . . check. Need to clear it with the almighty one and I'm good to go. Is Cliff going Richard?
gonzo777
QUOTE (Ishtar @ Jul 19 2006, 05:30 PM)
Gonzosport bar if I need it?

No promises, but ....

I'm planning/hoping to have a prototype installed on my car by the end of next week.

The AutoX should be an excellent opportunity for testing. I'm also hoping to have a rig worked up (like a telescoping bar) to measure just how much we can get the chassis to flex. groucho.gif

Progress has taken some hits, but I've made this a goal and my wife seems to be on board with it too, which makes me happy.
---------
QUOTE (Bobzilla @ Jul 19 2006, 05:39 PM)
OK, 12/13. . . check.  Need to clear it with the almighty one and I'm good to go.  Is Cliff going Richard?

Yep!
Bobzilla
Sweet. . . gotta go now. Gotta havethe Indy group caravan!
Shadow5606
Yup... I'll be going... I know I'm one of those bastard only comes around when he needs something kind of posters... sad.gif

Bob... "Meat your friends".... LOL smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif ROTFLOL!!!

I suggested to Richard today that since we're all getting spousal approval to do this and some people might be crashing at Richards that we should go ahead and make it a boys night out, or boys night in with beverage...

Hopefully Tim will make it to Indy that night!! smile.gif

AND, I should have my monster Honda VTX 1800 (motorcycle, google it) completed by then for everyones perusal. smile.gif That's where all my modding attention, time and money has been going lately...
LateAPXR
I will be there both days on the 12/13th (unless christina says I can't which I doubt).

I think Ishy is driving down from Windsor. If that's the case he can crash at my place on Fri. night (if that's when he's driving in) and then we can both drive to Peru early Sat. morning.

Sat night however I think I'll be heading down to Fishers to hang out with all of you fun people. Joe you're welcome to join. Richard...how much crashing room for people do you have?

The FW region starts their events EARLY in the morning so it will have to be an EARLY Saturday night....we can start early and end early. I am NOT going to be exhausted on Sunday and nearly drive my car into a pole again (a major reason for it was just that...driver error and exhaustion).

On a lighter note, Richard.....this will be a great weekend for you since the 12th is completely a testing day. I think it'd be a good idea for you to test on your car AND on my car.

IIRC you only have a tibby sway bar, gt rims + mickies, hr's + ultrasports correct? Thus is we try the bar on my car it'd be a great test since I'm still on stock rubber / wheels just with coilovers and a tibby bar.

And finally...not to bum anyone out but Jason will not be attending this event (6th OR 12/13th). He's taking a break from everything to concentrate on his family and some other stuff.

Can't wait and hope to see everyone there. Bob we'll finally meet!

And Cliff....you had BETTER have that shifter installed by that time. You've had more then enough and I want to hear how it went! LOL
gonzo777
QUOTE (LateAPXR @ Jul 19 2006, 07:36 PM)
Sat night however I think I'll be heading down to Fishers to hang out with all of you fun people. Joe you're welcome to join. Richard...how much crashing room for people do you have?

I have a sleeper sofa ... and floor space... and a tent ... and Cliff has sofa space ... so we should be covered

QUOTE (LateAPXR @ Jul 19 2006, 07:36 PM)
On a lighter note, Richard.....this will be a great weekend for you since the 12th is completely a testing day. I think it'd be a good idea for you to test on your car AND on my car.

IIRC you only have a tibby sway bar, gt rims + mickies, hr's + ultrasports correct? Thus is we try the bar on my car it'd be a great test since I'm still on stock rubber / wheels just with coilovers and a tibby bar.

no mickies --- Hankooks, but they're radials and not performance
eibachs, not hrs

it'd be a 15min swap from me to you biggrin.gif
LateAPXR
COOL....and it really shouldn't even take that long. I always bring all of my tools with me to events plus I keep my rear speaker panels slightly undone so that I can adjust with ease.

With some deep sockets...should only take 5....MAYBE 10 mins smile.gif

Didn't realize you were on Hanooks but it should still be a good comparison.
Ishtar
so who's all coming to the 5/6 one?
Shadow5606
I'm on Hankooks too... 17's of course but Hankooks also...

I plan on swapping my CAI for an SRI before then and I really really will try and get that shifter on! smile.gif
LateAPXR
OMG...you haven't yet??

LOL

Ok then wait for the autocross....you can run once, we'll do the swap and then you can run again.

Afterwards you can thank me profusely and then buy me some beer.

rofl.gif
Bobzilla
So, since everyone's swapping wheels/tires around. . . .does that mean I sould bring my jack too?

Oh, and even tough it's a 30 minute drive, there's open space at my house as well.
LateAPXR
Don't worry about the jack. I have a low profile, lightweight aluminum racing jack that I bring to every event.

wait....who's switching wheels?
Bobzilla
I guess I missed something? 533.gif
J-son
Tim, lay off the pipe dude! This is why you almost hit that pole!!! LMAO! smile.gif
oiml8
scared-yikes1.gif

OOOOOH, he didn't just say that. rofl.gif
LateAPXR
SHHHHHHHHHH

Shaddup Jason! Don't say that while Scott's around!

whistle.gif

wow this went OT fast

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.