Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Show is Now set for July 15!!
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Regional > U.S. Club Members > The East

View New Posts
Pages: 1, 2, 3
carchick78
Hey all! The show this past Saturday was such a success that the dealership that was there Millenium Hyundai wants me to organize another for them in May. I hope this time some of you will be able to make it out. Millenium is located in Hempstead NY if your not familiar with that dealership.
Jenniebutterfly
hopefully the date will work out for me and i will be there. the last one conflicted with my son's school circus trip. would love to come out though biggrin.gif
n0c
You had a nice turnout at the last one! You are pretty good at organizing stuff. I hope I can come to this one.
carchick78
QUOTE (n0c @ Mar 29 2006, 09:26 PM)
You had a nice turnout at the last one! You are pretty good at organizing stuff. I hope I can come to this one.

Thanks. I appreciate that. Hope you can make it to this one.
---------
QUOTE (Jenniebutterfly @ Mar 29 2006, 09:04 PM)
hopefully the date will work out for me and i will be there.  the last one conflicted with my son's school circus trip.  would love to come out though biggrin.gif

That would be great if you could make it. It would be nice to have another female Elantra owner there.
silet
Nise work thumbsup.gif Let us know when the date is set.
Elantragtbk
QUOTE (Jenniebutterfly @ Mar 29 2006, 09:04 PM)
hopefully the date will work out for me and i will be there.  the last one conflicted with my son's school circus trip.  would love to come out though biggrin.gif

Hey where are you in Bk?
trololololo
let me know the date.. i might be able to make this one..
Jenniebutterfly
QUOTE (Elantragtbk @ Mar 29 2006, 11:12 PM)
Hey where are you in Bk?

greenpoint
Vampyrate
Ed, me and you can drag the ball and chains with us. Since I'm forced to miss out on the Hills meet to go to Disney World with her parents and family and whatnot... I should just go alone.... but noooooo! I have to be whipped and caring and loving... damnit.
trololololo
i'm only available May 14-19th..

if this fits in the schedule let me know so i can call off my part time job.

Aaron, if i can go lets grab scotty and ArunSenior and whoever else is around... roll deep !
Vampyrate
QUOTE (Cite 3 @ Mar 30 2006, 01:21 PM)

if this fits in the schedule let me know so i can call off my part time job.

Aaron, if i can go lets grab scotty and ArunSenior and whoever else is around... roll deep !

you know it ed! me, you, scott, reece (arunsenior04), and eric (vahyundai) all riding up together? sweet!
---------
i'll actually still be in school then, but i dont see a need to stay there, im done with exams by then and my dad's b-day is the 19th, so im gonna try to leave at least a week before then
trololololo
Well thats if the carshow is that week..

if its not.. then .. sorry can't go. <:*(

I haven't been to NY in like 4 years... so that would be awesome.

if cobas comes we should scoop him up into the caravan.
Vampyrate
oh it will be a rolling wreck if we both can make it, trust me ed, my schedule is really tight as well, but carchick78 has informed me that she is trying to work around everyone's schedule to make for the most people coming
NY2002ElantraGT
I would love to have a club meet in April. Its so nice out, i dont think i could wait over a month. Im definately down for anything!
carchick78
QUOTE (Vampyrate @ Mar 30 2006, 12:42 PM)
you know it ed! me, you, scott, reece (arunsenior04), and eric (vahyundai) all riding up together? sweet!
---------
i'll actually still be in school then, but i dont see a need to stay there, im done with exams by then and my dad's b-day is the 19th, so im gonna try to leave at least a week before then

Aaron if thats good for you then I will talk to Millenium about one of those dates but Scott said he is in school still the Middle of May so he probably wouldnt come.
Vampyrate
okay, rachel, i say set a date for around the 21st or so as a backup date, but all the other dates that cite 3 (ed) listed would be fine for me
carchick78
QUOTE (Cite 3 @ Mar 30 2006, 12:21 PM)

Thats Sun. to Friday. I pretty know most of the people wouldnt come on a Sunday due to work and some still in school the next day.
What do you guys think about May 13th or the 27th? The 20th is HIN so thats no good.
---------
QUOTE (NY2002ElantraGT @ Mar 30 2006, 03:39 PM)
I would love to have a club meet in April.  Its so nice out, i dont think i could wait over a month.  Im definately down for anything!

That would be cool with me we could make it a birthday celebration at the same time. My birthday is April 15th. Wow 2 more weeks! I feel so old. sad.gif
NY2002ElantraGT
[/QUOTE]
What do you guys think about May 13th or the 27th? The 20th is HIN so thats no good.
[QUOTE]

I would love to make it to this, so if its May, I graduate college May 13th. Please make it May 27th! sarcasitc-bow.gif or sometime in APRIL, I cant wait.
trololololo
guess i can't make it then.

<:(
carchick78
I was at Millenium Hyundai today to discuss things. The date is still up in the air but I will tell you they would like to have it the beginning or middle of May. They said they should have an exact date by the end of next week. We will defintely have enough room in their lot for 30+ cars. So guys lets make this a really good show. I will see if I can even get the Newsday involved. I got the local paper to come last week and we made it in. So its worth a try with Newsday. LOL.
Guys there is a slight problem in a magazine that I purchased today it says that HIN is on June 24th in Atlantic City but on the HIN website it says May 20th does anyone know the exact date? I would like to schedule the show around this.
carchick78
01) Carchick78
02) Keyan
03) NY2002ElantraGT
04) Cuinhell
05) Krzypostalwkr
06) Landshark1
07) Force Fed Flesh
08) The Blackshinobi
09) Rickna
10) Happyface44r
11) 02gt in bk
12) bfgoedeke
---------
The date is June 3rd!
carchick78
Date: Saturday June 3rd, 2006
Time: TBA
Place: Millenium Hyundai
220 North Franklin Street
Hempstead, NY 11550

They will most likely be having a radio station there as well. Not sure which one yet. Guys and Gals this is going to be great. I know its 2 months away but start signing up now. They want a really big turnout and I dont blame them. I would love it as well if you guys can help me and make this one terrific show.
enascarblack3
Too bad so far away :-(
carchick78
Another update: Guys and Gals this is great keep the names coming.
01) Carchick78
02) Keyan
03) NY2002ElantraGT
04) Cuinhell
05) Krzypostalwkr
06) Landshark1
07) Force Fed Flesh
08) The Blackshinobi
09) Rickna
10) Happyface44r
11) 02gt in bk
12) bfgoedeke
13) 03silverbullet
14) Arunsenior04
15) korai9989?
16) Mines Better
17) Sportin03tib
18) 98tib
19) CTele02?

---------
QUOTE (enascarblack3 @ Apr 12 2006, 08:15 AM)
Too bad so far away :-(

I know I am sorry about that. Are you interested in coming? Should I add you to the list?
---------
Ok all for some reason I wasnt able to update the 1st post but the exact date is Saturday June 3rd at 2:30PM
Millenium Hyundai
Hempstead, NY 11550
Jenniebutterfly
put me down. i cannot say for sure yet, but i will try to be there biggrin.gif so far nothing planned yet
carchick78
Another update: Guys and Gals this is great keep the names coming.
01) Carchick78
02) Keyan
03) NY2002ElantraGT
04) Cuinhell
05) Krzypostalwkr
06) Landshark1
07) Force Fed Flesh
08) The Blackshinobi
09) Rickna
10) Happyface44r
11) 02gt in bk
12) bfgoedeke
13) 03silverbullet
14) Arunsenior04
15) korai9989?
16) Mines Better
17) Sportin03tib
18) 98tib
19) CTele02?
20) Jenniebutterfly?

---------
QUOTE (Jenniebutterfly @ Apr 14 2006, 07:05 AM)
put me down.  i cannot say for sure yet, but i will try to be there biggrin.gif so far nothing planned yet

Try to keep it that way with no plans. j/k. It would be nice to have a fellow female car enthusiast there.
carchick78
Come on people lets get some more names added to the list. By June 3rd shouldnt you college guys be done?
Once more the show is
June 3rd at 2:30PM at Millenium Hyundai
Hempstead, NY 11550
Jonas
From Mapquest:
Total Est. Time: 8 hours, 51 minutes Total Est. Distance: 521.83 miles

I'd go.. but.. damn... blush.gif
Jenniebutterfly
^^haha^^ yeah thats a bit of a drive biggrin.gif
carchick78
QUOTE (Jonas @ Apr 23 2006, 02:35 PM)
From Mapquest:
Total Est. Time: 8 hours, 51 minutes    Total Est. Distance: 521.83 miles

I'd go.. but.. damn... blush.gif

You can do it. LOL
Last show people came from all over. Virginia, PA, etc. it was nice seeing all different license plates. Its all up to you.
---------
Wheres NOC and Edge718? Come on guys by then finals should be over. We missed you guys at the last show.
Vampyrate
im seriously thinking about it, but im not too sure how funds will look atm
n0c
Put me down too.
Vampyrate
okay Ms. Rachel, put me down plus 1, i managed to get Gena to go for that weekend.
ModX
i'll try to go, but have to wash my car down there, those bugs sure love my windshield. anyone comming from westchester, putnam, dutchess counties? if so want to set up something to get a few car rolling in?
n0c
^^You got a month to wash the car lol. biggrin.gif
silet
QUOTE (ModX @ May 1 2006, 10:42 PM)
i'll try to go, but have to wash my car down there, those bugs sure love my windshield. anyone comming from westchester, putnam, dutchess counties? if so want to set up something to get a few car rolling in?

If I can make it, I'll be starting from Dutchess county. Where are you from?
NY2002ElantraGT
everyones all worried about getting the car dirty on a 5 hour drive, im worried about getting mine dirty on a half hour drive. haha im probably gonna get there early and do some extra detailing.... that is after i spend all morning cleaning her that day. I CANT WAIT! last final exam tomorrow, nothing else to do but mod away!
carchick78
01. Carchick78
02. Keyan
03. NY2002ElantraGT
04. Cuinhell
05. Krzypostalwkr
06. Landshark1
07. Force Fed Flesh
08. The Blackshinobi
09. Rickna
10. Happyface44r
11. 02gt in bk
12. bfgoedeke
13. 03silverbullet
14. Vampyrate
15. korai9989?
16. Mines Better
17. Sportin03tib
18. Pitviper505
19. jomy
20. badboyaqua
21. Noc
22. Modx
23. Jenniebutterfly?
---------
If I have missed anyone please tell me.
ModX
hey silet
i am right of exit 17 on I 84

as for the month for the car wash, that will not help cause i washed the car and drove 100 miles and had a good amount of bug splat :-D damn white castle runs
n0c
QUOTE (ModX @ May 3 2006, 09:49 PM)
hey silet

as for the month for the car wash, that will not help cause i washed the car and drove 100 miles and had a good amount of bug splat :-D damn white castle runs

Yea I know I was pulling your leg. tongue.gif

I know what you mean though, I went to Westchester (40 miles) other day and all the dead bugs just effed up my freshly washed car!

Anyway, should be a cool show/meet!
silet
QUOTE (ModX @ May 3 2006, 10:49 PM)
hey silet

Ah, Carmel smile.gif Yeah, the bugs will do that... and the dirt, salt... I do 150 miles a day, so my car is never clean for long tongue.gif
wills03
Wish I could make this meet. It is a little far away and I believe I will be working that day. That and I will probably be in the middle of moving out of the dorms on base to a house off base....YAY!!!! If ya'll get a show somewhere closer to Philly or Eastern MD. I am definatly there.
carchick78
We have about 25 or more people coming now. Its hard to keep up with 3 sites and who I put on the list. So if I have misse you I do apologize. This is going to be a great show so if your able to make it definitely come.
silet
I believe this has been canceled. We should wait for an update.
05pearlbullet
QUOTE (silet @ May 11 2006, 12:41 PM)
I believe this has been canceled. We should wait for an update.

Yeah Rachel posted something on XD about it being called off.. Here is what she said..

Originally Posted by carchick78
Well guys I have really bad news. I got a voice mail today from the Parts Manager over at Millenium and he said that there was a managers meeting yesterday and the GM (General Manager) has decided AGAINST the show!!!!!!

If you guys are interested in having the show at the same place as last time let me know. I need to know ASAP so I can get the permit once again. We definitely need a permit with it being baseball and soccer season. That parking lot will be jamed packed. So what do you guys think? Like I said let me know as soon as possible since that show date is only 3 weeks from this Saturday. I think it would be nice to have it at that same parking lot. There is so much room there.
Sorry about the show getting cancelled at Millenium. Guys if we do it at the same place I am thinking about calling up 2 local Hyundai places to see if they would be interested in coming out. So what do you think?
wills03
Where did you have it last time. If I can make it I will definatly be there.
carchick78
QUOTE (wills03 @ May 11 2006, 06:32 PM)
Where did you have it last time. If I can make it I will definatly be there.

The last show was at Cunningham Park.
Guys the show is still on just not at Millenium.
It will take place either at Cunningham Park, Eisenhower Park or Nassau Coliseum. 1 of these 3. The show is on!
wills03
Are all those places in NY, PA, or where? I'm not originally from the east coast. I have only been here for a little over 2 years.
n0c
QUOTE (wills03 @ May 12 2006, 03:47 PM)
Are all those places in NY, PA, or where? I'm not originally from the east coast. I have only been here for a little over 2 years.

Show will be in NYC area. The places listed are in Long Island in general. Probably a 4 hour drive for you.
wills03
Yeah, about that and about $25 in tolls too...LOL... I'll have to see what the dates are and if I am working or not.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.