Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from proud new owner
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
dgraff
My wife and I just picked up a Sterling '05 GT Hatch on Saturday afternoon. We were just planning on going for a test drive and ended up buying one off the lot because the deal was too good to pass up. The sticker price of our car was $17,589, and we got it for $13,600 including the $1,750 rebate.

My only disappontment was that they did away with the Kenwood system for 2005, but the stock HU sounds pretty decent anyway. Does anyone know how many watts it produces?

This will mainly be my wife's car for commuting but with the hatchback we will probably take it on weekend visits to Grandma and Grandpa's house as there is plenty of room for a baby, a toddler and a small dog. The Xterra (or minivan that will soon replace it) will still be necessary for longer trips.

I will take some pictures and post them when I get a chance.

Later - Dan
gonzo777
Welcome!

Being able to fit 3 kids + stuff for 5 for weekend trips was one thing a new vehicle in our family needed to be capable of, and the Elantra hatch does that just dandy.

... sorry about them pulling the Kenwood AM/FM/CD/MP3. I love mine. blush.gif
Jonas
Congrats on the new purchase dgraff party-cheers1.gif And welcome to the club wink.gif
silet
happy-wavehello6.gif to club dgraff and enjoy your new car!
ScottyMac223
Greetings and Salutions! Welcome to the club.

Don't fret too much about the Kenwood head unit. Lot's of people have had problems with them. I personally had to have mine replaced after owning my 04 for 5 months angry-hitselfonhead.gif . N/P since but I know I wasn't the only one. Anyway make yourself comfortable here...we do! :egtrocks1:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.