Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where in the Midwest do you live?
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Regional > U.S. Club Members > The Midwest

View New Posts
elantragt
Please post your location in this thread. Thanks. thumbsup.gif
Bobzilla
Well, it'sin the open for all to see, but I'm on the north west side of Indianapolis. I'm officially a "flatlander" with nothing but flat fields to slow the wind!
bikedad
South/Western Wisconsin near Milwaukee. I live in an area called the Kettle Moraine. Lots of ups and downs created by the glaciers. happy-wavehello6.gif
LateAPXR
bikedad...that sounds familiar for some reason. Is that the same area in which Road America is located?

oh and I'm in Fort Wayne, IN (the most boring city in the nation).
04 Elantra gt fan
Southern Illinois for me
Maeglin Oronar
I'm in Sun Prairie Wisconsin. It's just East of Madison.
gpagpa
In Northeast Ohio 20 miles west of the PA border
gonzo777
Fishers, IN (just outside Indianapolis)
Bobzilla
QUOTE (gonzo777 @ Dec 13 2005, 10:07 AM)
Fishers, IN (just outside Indianapolis)

Also known as "yuppie central." tongue.gif
bikedad
QUOTE (LateAPXR @ Dec 11 2005, 09:21 PM)
bikedad...that sounds familiar for some reason. Is that the same area in which Road America is located?

oh and I'm in Fort Wayne, IN (the most boring city in the nation).

I'm about 50 miles south of Road America. I used to go there with the local SCCA club years ago when I had my 66 Mustang GT(Not Stock). That's a kick ass course. ohya.gif I'd like to take the EGT out there sometime but I have to renew my membership and go through the driving school again. With the family stuff right now it's probably a pipe dream.
LateAPXR
I've been to RA myself. Fantastic track. I used to go with my dad and the WindyCityBMW CCA. Unfortunately I've never driven it (although I've driven GingerMan in MI) but I have been a passenger in many cars through that track. I can remember riding in a 911 turbo and hitting 150mph as we crested the front straight.

Would love to go back but I fear that elantra's (w/out a turbo) wouldn't be much fun on that track. Too high speed and not enough power.
gonzo777
QUOTE (BobMsWht2k2 @ Dec 13 2005, 10:47 AM)
Also known as "yuppie central."  tongue.gif

Also known as "4mi from work" tongue.gif ... but yeah, I hear ya. help.gif
J-son
I live THE BIG CITY OF fort wayne,Indiana! Where everywhere you go you have to have a car! But no places to realy go!!! BLAWWWW!!!!

But we have a KICK BUTT autox group that puts on awesome events with more runs and fun runs than most autox events in our area or region!

PM Late or me if you ever want to come to one with us...

Jason
BigZach
I live in Aurora, IL...
DemonBoy
I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin just outside of downtown.

Grew up in Philly though, moved out here a few years ago.
xxxmonoxidechild
rockford IL FTW~!
Stile
Minneapolis moved from Chicago for the weather LOL
xxxmonoxidechild
^^
is it any different?
Euromike79
Palatine, IL northwest suburb of Chicago. im about 10 mins north of Schaumburg, IL. and 1 hour south of Wisconsin boarder.
Toecutter
Since the thread was resurrected, I guess I'll post as I didn't see it the first time 'round.

I'm in Kewaskum, Wisconsin, on the edge of the beautiful Northern Kettle Moraine State Forest. I'm about 40 minutes drive Northwest of Milwaukee, and about 20 minutes drive Southeast of Road America (2nd longest road racing course in North America).
bhorste
I'm in South Lyon, MI, about 12 miles north of Ann Arbor, 60 or so miles northwest of Detroit, and about 45 or so miles from Waterford Hills (www.waterfordhills.com), where the ol' 91 Festiva was known to beat newer, grippier 'Vettes around its sinewy 1.44 miles (no, not door-to-door).
bgilbert1
I live 1,250 miles south-south-west of Chicago in an area called Canyon Lake, Texas. There is no town by that name, but there is a Canyon Lake post office, and a lake. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
mntwins
Fargo, ND, wonderful area!
Pudgger
I live in the Northwest Metro of Minneapolis, MN.
mi77915
I live in Southeast Michigan (Milford to be exact).
bhorste
QUOTE (mi77915 @ Jul 19 2013, 07:14 AM) *
I live in Southeast Michigan (Milford to be exact).

I grew up in Highland, graduated from Milford High and currently live in South Lyon! The Club sure does seem to be growing in my little corner of the world!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.