Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement tires
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
FredGarr
Hi All..Fred here again biggrin.gif

I have only 3,700 miles on my 2005 GT Hatchback, however I'm curious confused-scratchhead3.gif which tires most of you buy when it's time for new tires. Many of you have "knocked" the original Michilen's. thumbsdown.gif Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
BTW..I'm in South Florida and do not need snow tires unless HURRICANE tires are available LOL biggrin.gif
Thanks for your continued help. (I love my Elantra AND this CLUB)
Fred in Florida
cclngthr
QUOTE (FredGarr @ Nov 8 2005, 07:01 PM)

I have only 3,700 miles on my  2005  GT  Hatchback, however I'm curious confused-scratchhead3.gif  which tires most of you buy when it's time for new tires. Many of you have "knocked" the original Michilen's. thumbsdown.gif  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
BTW..I'm in South Florida and do not need snow tires unless HURRICANE tires are available  LOL    biggrin.gif
Thanks for your continued help.    (I love my Elantra AND this CLUB)
Fred in Florida

I have the Falken Ziex tires for my summer tread and Goodyear snows for the winter. For you, the Falken is a good tire for dry and wet conditions. They "swim" very well.
flcerberus
QUOTE (FredGarr @ Nov 8 2005, 10:01 PM)

I have only 3,700 miles on my  2005  GT  Hatchback, however I'm curious confused-scratchhead3.gif  which tires most of you buy when it's time for new tires. Many of you have "knocked" the original Michilen's. thumbsdown.gif  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
BTW..I'm in South Florida and do not need snow tires unless HURRICANE tires are available  LOL    biggrin.gif
Thanks for your continued help.    (I love my Elantra AND this CLUB)
Fred in Florida

Fred where are you at in S Florida? I got my Falken Zeix 512's from www.edgreracing.com out of the miami area for $204 dollars shipped to Saint Petersburg, FL. There are other tires that club members like but for everyday use and a little spirited romp now and then you can't beat the Falken's in my opinion. especially at that price. I only got about 16,000 ot of my Michellins and they were horrible in the rain. The Falkens are good wet and dry as we get a lot of rain here. thumbsup.gif
Gelicious
Welcome to the club.

I have a Toyo Proxes 4 tire. Its got Directional tred with two auqa shoots. This tire is exelent on dry, wet, or hot roads. No good in snow or ice. but they are a performance tire and they were a great price.
Doohickie
trololololo
i like my Good Year Eagle's.. they've been good so far.

Dunlop Sport's were okay.. but they only lasted about 20k.
Bobzilla
Doohickie, if you think the Michelins are loud, you'll never be happy. The stock michies are the quietest tire I have ever had, and trust me, I've had a few.
---------
As for suggestrions, I like the new ASX from Kumho. That's what I'll replace the michelins with.
bikerPA
^ ^ ^ ^

What he said. The ASX looks really tempting, and in stock size they're only like $48/ea from tire rack. People with "spirited" driving styles in vastly more expensive cars than ours seem pretty happy with 'em.
Doohickie
silet
The Falke Ziex are quieter than the OEM Michelins.
Doohickie
cclngthr
I haven't paid that much attention to road noise when I first got the Falken tires. I had to replace the tires because 1 of the michies got cut. I wanted to get a tire that handled well plus one that I thought had a tread pattern that was agressive enough to swim.
silet
QUOTE (Doohickie @ Nov 10 2005, 11:06 PM)
Truly?

Yes, I've had two sets on my Elantras and one on my wife's Integra. The biggest difference was in the Acura. Those Michelins were loud. Our OEM are okay, but the Falkens 512s and Toyo Proxys TPT were quieter on the road.
flcerberus
Yeah Flakens are much quieter, no comaprison to the Michellins
Doohickie
Maeglin Oronar
Pesonaly I really like Nokian tires. I use the Nokiean WR's. They are a "4" season tire, that's right "4" season. the easiest way to describe them is that they are a full fledged snow tire that is designed for year round use. They stick like mad in all weather conditions, very usefull for us who are Up nort. Nokian tires are also very quiet, the quitest you'll find.
But down in florida you should probably look more into the Nre or possiably the Nri. Go to http://www.nokiantyres.com/ to find a local dealer and to research the tires. Depending on the tire they may be a little pricy but they are worth every penny. thumbsup.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.