Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Orleans: anyone from there, be safe
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Regional > U.S. Club Members > The South

View New Posts
gpagpa
Just wanted to see if there were any members from the New Orleans area, hope you are already out of there before Katrina hits.
ADSisson
QUOTE (Gearcat @ Aug 28 2005, 03:23 PM)
Best wishes New Orleans ... I hope you guys have enough warning (and the means) to get out of it's path.

BTW ... Louisiana refineries that have been shut down contribute about 1 million barrels of oil daily.  We can expect to see the price per barrel top $70.  I think this is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back at putting us nearer to the $3/gallon mark for gasoline.

The same from me. Good luck NOLAns.

I said it in a thread relating to gas prices. US$3. by year's end now looks like by end of SEP this year.

Blessings on NOLA. Y'ALL'S in my thoughts.
2k4ElantraGT
i live about half hour away from there.. and we are gonna be on the east side of this cat:5 beast and being on the east side is bascally the worse part....... this is crazy, it estimates that if it hits at a cat 5 new orleans is gonna lose about 60,000 people.....this sucks. lol
ADSisson
QUOTE (2k4ElantraGT @ Aug 28 2005, 04:41 PM)
i live about half hour away from there.. and we are gonna be on the east side of this cat:5 beast and being on the east side is bascally the worse part....... this is crazy, it estimates that if it hits at a cat 5 new orleans is gonna lose about 60,000 people.....this sucks. lol

Dude, get out while you can. You're on the side that looks like it'll hit you pretty good. Don't like the estimates on LOL (loss of life). I would NEVER laugh at this.

Katrina is shaping up to be a be atch. Just like the woman I knew who bares this name.

Best of luck to you, friend. Be safe and come back alive.
dragonfighter60
best of wishes... I wont be able to check on progress
Gelicious
You guys..... I have a tattoo of a hurricane with my Initial (G) in the eye of it on my sholder. I know the ammount of force one can punch! Its the second most Deadly force of nature on the planet! Get out Be safe and God bless. We will see you in a while!

2k4- for Get in some shelter dont be a tough guy and try and ride it out... if you can get that car inside somewhere too! eheheheh

One thing that people should also think about is because they bury the dead above ground due to the swamp land most cemeterys are built on, when that BITCH hits shore there will be some very graphic and unsettling sights left in its path, if you can keep children away from the aftermath untill there has been enough time to get thouse taken care of.
Gelicious
wow didnt know my post would kill the thread! LOL

Well for thouse of you who havent seen the weather channel! about 2 huge holes have been ripped off of the superdome roof! wow! Also they are not having fun down there right now, lets hope this thing doesnt stick around long
trololololo
man that sucks..

bad memories..

living in Key West, and later Guam, i've been through a couple dozen hurricanes/typhoons..

not fun. and the lost off life, and property damages are horrendous.
a few of my cousins were homeless for 3 months...

i myself was without power and water for about 1 month (Typhoon Omar, Guam 1992) 190mph gusts and 20+" rain
edge718
Man, it did alot of damage in new orleans, mobile, and biloxi. sad.gif
Tirolerpeter
My son was married this past Sunday at a lovely reception here in Charlotte NC (where I am writing this from just before we head off back to NY and our home), unfortunately, he lives in Kenner LA right near New Orleans. The good news is that they are safe and together, the bad news is that the new couple may have lost everything they have (including his really nice 02 Acura RSX Type S), since there are reports that the levees holding back Lake Ponchetraine broke and flooded the area severly. Between that and the wind, it doesn't look good. They are now trying to work their way back in her car which he had brought north for the wedding. They really have no information, and don't even know when they will be able/permitted to re-enter the area. Tough way to start a new marriage!
silet
QUOTE (Tirolerpeter @ Aug 30 2005, 06:29 AM)
My son was married this past Sunday at a lovely reception here in Charlotte NC (where I am writing this from just before we head off back to NY and our home), unfortunately, he lives in Kenner LA right near New Orleans.  The good news is that they are safe and together, the bad news is that the new couple may have lost everything they have (including his really nice  02 Acura RSX Type S), since there are reports that the levees holding back Lake Ponchetraine broke and flooded the area severly.  Between that and the wind, it doesn't look good.  They are now trying to work their way back in her car which he had brought north for the wedding.  They really have no information, and don't even know when they will be able/permitted to re-enter the area.  Tough way to start a new marriage!

At least they were out of harm's way. I hope everything works out for them.
silet
QUOTE (2k4ElantraGT @ Aug 28 2005, 03:41 PM)

Has any one heard from 2k4? I hope he's okay!
gonzo777
QUOTE (silet @ Sep 2 2005, 10:25 AM)

I was just thinking about 2k4 too.
Devin
Yeah, I was wondering about him yesterday when they were showing Biloxi on CNN. I hope he's okay and checks in when he gets a chance!
elantraelite
My heart goes out to all the people that have lost everything they own.

It's heart breaking to see the pictures in the newspaper of the people crowded together at the Superdome waiting for transportation out of there. Not to mention how hostile everyone must be getting.

While reading the newspaper im just hoping that they're over exagerating just how bad it is over there.

Hopefully 2K4 made it out safely
edge718
QUOTE (silet @ Sep 2 2005, 10:25 AM)

i was thinking the same also
ADSisson
Y'All got me thinkin' 'bout him now as well. Prayers and Blessings to him and all the others so devistated by Katrina.
silet
The whole area is destroyed. I hope 2k4 is okay and hopefully we'll hear from him soon.
n0c
I hope 2k4ElantraGT is ok. Noticed that he wasn't posting but forgot that he was from the south. Just remembered.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.