Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flasher Relay?
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > i30 Based (FD/GD) > i30 Based Audio/Electrical

View New Posts
Frankenzstein
Do the later model (2012+) i30/elantra GT still have flasher relays for the signal lights? or is this all handled by the computer now?
2000J25SP
Nope, no more flasher relays.
roydjt
Sounds like you need to top off with some blinker fluid.

-Roy
RPW00Mirage
if you add LEDs you are more than likely going to need an aftermarket flasher relay.
avisitor
QUOTE (Frankenzstein @ Mar 6 2015, 04:29 PM) *
Do the later model (2012+) i30/elantra GT still have flasher relays for the signal lights? or is this all handled by the computer now?

Why would they do that?
It would mean that if the turn signal doesn't work that one would need to replace the computer.

Simply no. Google Elantra 2013 turn signal flasher and one can confirm.
Frankenzstein
QUOTE (avisitor @ May 3 2015, 11:19 PM) *
Why would they do that?
It would mean that if the turn signal doesn't work that one would need to replace the computer.

Simply no. Google Elantra 2013 turn signal flasher and one can confirm.

Actually they did do it, no flasher relay. I ended up using load resistors, worked well smile.gif
avisitor
QUOTE (Frankenzstein @ May 4 2015, 01:40 PM) *
Actually they did do it, no flasher relay. I ended up using load resistors, worked well smile.gif

How do load resistors work in the circuit??
How do they make the light blink ... the computer??
Does this mean the flashers will never fail??

I am sorry. I am at a loss at this type of engineering.
Frankenzstein
QUOTE (avisitor @ May 5 2015, 08:15 AM) *
How do load resistors work in the circuit??
How do they make the light blink ... the computer??
Does this mean the flashers will never fail??

I am sorry. I am at a loss at this type of engineering.

All the load resistor does is fool the computer into thinking there is a regular light bulb in the car. The LED bulb requires such low power that the car senses there is no bulb there, so it hyperflashes it. The resistor puts a load on the circuit that is like a regular filament bulb, so it will flash at a regular rate. The computer is what controls the flashing.

avisitor
QUOTE (Frankenzstein @ May 5 2015, 08:33 AM) *
All the load resistor does is fool the computer into thinking there is a regular light bulb in the car. The LED bulb requires such low power that the car senses there is no bulb there, so it hyperflashes it. The resistor puts a load on the circuit that is like a regular filament bulb, so it will flash at a regular rate. The computer is what controls the flashing.

So, the resistor acts like part of the timing circuit??
LED bulb is put across the load resistor to obtain the voltage necessary to light up??

Does anyone know the reliability of using the computer to do this??
I guess it is suppose to be better than a flasher relay??
CanuckElantraGT
I have been searching for the Flasher Relay myself. I've been told by multiple owners of other Hyundais that it is somewhere in the dash near the steering cloumn. I've done Google and searches with people that work at dealerships and I've come up with nothing. It's really frustrating.
avisitor
QUOTE (CanuckElantraGT @ Aug 14 2015, 12:58 AM) *
I have been searching for the Flasher Relay myself. I've been told by multiple owners of other Hyundais that it is somewhere in the dash near the steering cloumn. I've done Google and searches with people that work at dealerships and I've come up with nothing. It's really frustrating.

Year of the vehicle?
Have heard it is behind the fuse panel inside the car under the dash
CanuckElantraGT
QUOTE (avisitor @ Aug 14 2015, 09:45 AM) *
Year of the vehicle?
Have heard it is behind the fuse panel inside the car under the dash

'13 EGT/i30.
avisitor
QUOTE (CanuckElantraGT @ Aug 14 2015, 11:44 AM) *
'13 EGT/i30.

I believe that the first post here was a 2012 i30 and he was looking for the flasher
J2elantra said it is on the computer now .. no more flasher

Good luck
CanuckElantraGT
QUOTE (avisitor @ Aug 15 2015, 11:46 PM) *
I believe that the first post here was a 2012 i30 and he was looking for the flasher
J2elantra said it is on the computer now .. no more flasher

Good luck

Which is weird considering other Kia and Hyundais that are the same age have the flasher module. I hate modern cars sleep.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.