Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need help with cvvt cams.
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
chon
I just bought a 2006 elantra gt.The timing belt broke and I bought it from them, they pulled the head and had 2 new valves put in. I got the car in pieces and im working on putting it back together. I have tried looking up info on the cvvt cams, I have a haynes manual but it doesnt cover the cvvt and how to get the cams into proper time. It also says that you need to have the lobes for cylinder no. One facing up (180 degrees from the cylinder head mating surface)
Im looking for some advice or pictires to help me so i know i have it all in time!
Thsnk you!
Bobzilla
https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/ Create a free account there. You'll have much better information than any Haynes manual ever made.
trololololo
haynes misses alot of things in their "complete rebuild". half the time they note "due to complexity of _______ system, take to dealership service blah blah"

im learning that slowly. my car has factory VLSD. they dont even mention it exists. so i had to scour internet to mAke sure i was using right gear oil.
J2/RD
QUOTE (Bobzilla @ Sep 18 2014, 09:48 AM) *
https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/ Create a free account there. You'll have much better information than any Haynes manual ever made.

When did they switch back to being free? Last I heard they wanted you to pay like $50 for a six month subscription.
bhorste
QUOTE (2000J25SP @ Sep 18 2014, 08:48 PM) *
When did they switch back to being free? Last I heard they wanted you to pay like $50 for a six month subscription.

Unfortunately, it's still pay to play. I just (re)created my account and they're still charging.
Bobzilla
huh... it worked last month. Now it doesn't. Oh well.... so much for free info. At least my Kia login still works.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.