Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Awesome blast from the past!
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Automotive > The Racing Zone

View New Posts
bhorste
A friend of a friend posted a picture of my old 1991 Ford Festiva that I campaigned to 2 Detroit Region SCCA Solo2 (driving the Wayback machine) championships in H Stock. The only "enhancments" to the car were a Supertrapp muffler (clearly visible under the bumPer) and some 13"x5.5" American Racing wheels with Yokohama A008RSII tires in 185/60R13. Proof you can beat a 63 bhp (heh) car really hard and have fun doing it. Man do I miss those days.

slowgls
Love it bro!!
bhorste
I'll have to find some other pictures I have of that car in action around here and scan/post them. Some of the suspension angles are craaaaaaaaaaay... never mind how many times I bicycled the thing.

Only ever spun it once, and that was in the rain at Waterford Hills. Turned into the last corner too early, hung myself inside, hit a puddle and the left rear washed out. It was wet enough that I got the car rolling in 3rd gear. Just to give you an idea of how fast I was going... 2nd at the limiter was about 55, and I was at about 3200 in 3rd and HARD on it when it washed out.
Alex2013GT
Nice man!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.