Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey all new to the forum
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Dilly Dobbs
Hey all, I'm a proud new owner of a 2013 Hyundai elantra Gls, 4 dooor. And i love it. It is a new used car so when i got it, it had 40k miles on it. Thanks for having a great forum, im sure i am going to learn a lot.

Now with the question.

I think i have a right front bearing going out. Its clicking and starting to hum, louder when turning right much quieter when i make sure the car is perfectly strait.

As far as i know the dealer is going to repair this as warranty work. But if the previous owner damaged it, Im guessing i will have to pay for the repair.

Is it easier for me to do it by just buying a new hub ?

And is it safe to drive to work for another couple days ?

Thanks
bhorste
First, welcome to the Club!

I'd be a bit careful with that bearing, just because if it siezes it won't be pretty. Most alignment/suspension shops ought to be able to press out the bad bearing/press in a new one easily. I wouldn't think you'd need a new hub.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Alex2013GT
I'd take it to the dealership and have them check it out ASAP. Suspension parts you never want to play games with IMO. This coming from a guy that had a wheel go rolling off his car into a field when I was in HS. Long story short, is that it was a fluke that it happened late at night on a back road as opposed to the highway the next day driving back from the beach. Granted with that there was no warning, but it certainly has made me cautious with anything suspension/wheel related.

Congrats on the car and welcome to the club! thumbsup.gif
xjwigluszx
As for warranty, I may be off, but it should transfer to the new owner. And if it was a result of the previous owners neglect, it should still be covered as they should be warrantying what you just purchased. Even used cars come with used car warranties. Some companies actually have better used car warranties than new car.
Dilly Dobbs
well its at the dealership now and they said it was a good idea that i brought it in, cause it was getting really bad. I knew if i dropped it off before my appointment and they get it in to look at it 2 days early.

I do have to say that the Chrysler 200 that i got to drive while they are fixing it sucks compared to my elantra.
Alex2013GT
QUOTE (xjwigluszx @ Nov 11 2013, 05:42 AM) *
As for warranty, I may be off, but it should transfer to the new owner.

For the warranty, the factory 5 year/60k mile warranty transfers.

Did the dealership say whether it would be covered as warranty work?
rstnick
Welcome DD.
cool.gif
Dilly Dobbs
I picked up my car today and it was all warranty work. Love having my car back
bhorste
Good deal. Hope it runs great for a long time.
Dilly Dobbs
QUOTE (bhorste @ Nov 12 2013, 05:42 PM) *
Good deal. Hope it runs great for a long time.

I really have no doubt that it will, but if its going to do anything i would like it to do it in the next 10 thousand miles.

laugh.gif biggrin.gif
judys01GT
QUOTE (Dilly Dobbs @ Nov 12 2013, 07:06 PM) *
I really have no doubt that it will, but if its going to do anything i would like it to do it in the next 10 thousand miles.

laugh.gif biggrin.gif

murphy's law rolleyes.gif
Dilly Dobbs
QUOTE (judys01GT @ Nov 13 2013, 11:36 PM) *
murphy's law rolleyes.gif

Dont curse me
Dilly Dobbs
Took the shark (as my kids have named the car) on a 330 mile round trip almost all highway at 70+ mph. Not any issue at all, brilliant car.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.