Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Trip Computer and Audio Controls
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
musjckolis
I originally found this forum when I was looking to see if I could upgrade my 2010 Elantra (GLS?) to have audio controls on the steering wheel. I saw that is possible and hope to do that in the future. I'm not necessarily car smart however and am wondering a couple things about that and the trip computer.

Is the audio control replacement easy enough that a noob like me could do it? And...

Is it possible to add the trip computer that tells me the mpg, miles until empty, etc etc. Right now all I have is odo, trip 1, trip 2, eco on/off. How much would we be looking at to upgrade these two things if even possible? Thanks for the help!
silet
Welcome to the club!!! I find working on electronics a bit difficult on newer cars when it comes to adding missing options. I hope someone can help with your questions.
Snakoil
for the trip computer portion, your best bet might be a scangauge http://www.scangauge.com/

for the audio control, there is a good chance the wires are already in your steering wheel and you just need to plug the buttons.
On i30 you can actually buy just the audio steering wheel section on ebay for 40$ and will work
Please note that the steering wheel is only half of it as the plug must be pluggued in the radio also and that is assuming your radio can accept audio controls.
Before buying anything I would take the radio out and see if it has the plug

sound system work is the first level of car modification and is very easy for a noob.
There ain't much that can go wrong and in worst case you blow up your radio system fuse, replace with a new fuse and it is fixed.

Les
As a trip computer I use a Ultra Gauge on my 2010 Elantra which has many options
RjForte
Hello and Welcome to the Elantra Club and it's new member introduction thread.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.