Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My V6 XD
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
flaterateandstuff
repost from newtiburon.com at the request of a few members of elantraclub who signed up just to comment and post. thanks for all the support guys! -Brendan // Lead Service Tech- Hyundai of Newport , Middletown RI

feel free to ask questions. this project required me to fabricate NOTHING. it is 100% bolt-in

donor car was a 2008 Tiburon GT. Transmission is a MFA60 six speed from an '04

Specs:
2003 Hyundai Elantra GT Sedan Originally a non-abs 2.0 non-cvvt 5 speed.
everything on this car works, right down to the A/C, evap, and Airbags and took me and my brother around 3 weekends to complete.

Engine- '08 2.7L mostly stock at this time
Trans/Clutch - '04 MFA60 Six Speed with OBX Full Helical LSD, Clutchmaster Stage III Clutch, 11lb budget flywheel
Exhaust- SSA Headers and Y-pipe to stock tiburon resonator pipe to stock elantra single muffler.
Suspension: Elantra H&R Springs, KYB Excel G struts, Ultraracing Tiburon 22MM rear sway and tiburon metal links

songee623
Holly chit! awsome..... some one in the states with this and looks like you did the tibby center console.
is that the tibby cluster?
RPW00Mirage
dude you're in middletown? wicked nice.

how was the beta you pulled out? i think ours is about porked due to oil starvation.
Alex2013GT
One word . . . HOLYSHITTTTTTTTT Ok, maybe two words combined! laugh.gif One of the few successful swaps which are always nice to see. Thanks for posting all the pics. thumbsup.gif
ewang
Wow... That must have taken a tremendous amount of time and patience. Nice work!
flaterateandstuff
QUOTE (RPW00Mirage @ Aug 31 2013, 12:45 PM) *
dude you're in middletown? wicked nice.

how was the beta you pulled out? i think ours is about porked due to oil starvation.

Its fine. 122k you want it? $350 come get it it's in wesport. PM me for my number
rstnick
welcome5.gif

Thanks for sharing pix of the engine swap.
Nice work.
flaterateandstuff
quick walk around vid. car now has full exhaust, and is boosted..

slowgls
Your a master!!!
J2/RD
Nice!!!
slowgls
Now if someone would do this in the j2, lighter platform.
J2/RD
QUOTE (slowgls @ Dec 8 2013, 04:32 PM) *
Now if someone would do this in the j2, lighter platform.

There are no documented Delta swapped J2s or RDs. I believe one of the reasons is the engine bay is too narrow (slightly smaller than the XD/GK) Plus the Beta holds up to boost really well.
Alex2013GT
Nice!
xdforme22
I like! Never realized the tiburon console/gauges were plug and play.
RPW00Mirage
QUOTE (flaterateandstuff @ Aug 31 2013, 02:04 PM) *
Its fine. 122k you want it? $350 come get it it's in wesport. PM me for my number

i am kinda still interested if you have this? ours has oil starvation for awhile and ticks uncontrollably but still runs well. laugh.gif

not sure we want to spend any more money on this though since i cant even get kristen to put air in the tires :/
slowgls
QUOTE (RPW00Mirage @ Dec 12 2013, 07:44 AM) *
i am kinda still interested if you have this? ours has oil starvation for awhile and ticks uncontrollably but still runs well. laugh.gif

not sure we want to spend any more money on this though since i cant even get kristen to put air in the tires :/

Build it for BOOOOOOOOSSSSSSTTTTTTT!!!!!!! Lol!!!!
RPW00Mirage
QUOTE (slowgls @ Dec 12 2013, 04:18 PM) *
Build it for BOOOOOOOOSSSSSSTTTTTTT!!!!!!! Lol!!!!

it just has to survive 14-15 more months and then we're going to get something else. probably a late 4G or early 5G accent. something for around 5K.
flaterateandstuff
QUOTE (xdforme22 @ Dec 11 2013, 10:49 PM) *
I like! Never realized the tiburon console/gauges were plug and play.

they are not. i am using the dash harness from the tiburton along with its BCM/Fuse panels. no choice but to run them
mlumz
So the question is would the tiburon center console be a direct bolt on replacement of the elantra center console?
slowgls
Not exactly.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.