Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to change that tinny horn
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
bcg
If I had one thing I'd want to change right away would be the stupid wimpy horn in my 2013 Elantra. What would be the easiest and cheapest way to do that? I've never done anything like that before.
roydjt
It's easy. You just have to locate your horn and either replace it or splice a second one into the wires. The trickiest part would be if the fit isn't the same and you'd have to make a bracket. Here's a DIY for an XD generation Elantra, yours should be very very similar:

http://elantragtclub.tripod.com/elantra/id127.html

-Roy
a_v
The easy way is to replace it with plug-and-play Genesis horns, the cheap way is to use aftermarket like in the guide posted above.
Red Elantra GT
Hey-I replaced my '11 Elantra horn with the Genesis horns, and was able to mount them without additional brackets. There are a couple of places that will allow the new horns to clear the bumper (cover). Not difficult and worth the money and effort. The front bumper cover is an easy remove/replace. Check out HMA site for very clear instructions.
bcg
I see a couple of cheap (well-reviewed) horns on Amazon that might do the trick. I might have to try that out. Thanks.
RPW00Mirage
I would try to find something rediculous, one that plays a song smile.gif
J2/RD
Go to a junk yard and find one from a Ford f350.
Red Elantra GT
Hey-the Genesis horns I bought weren't expensive and plugged in with the included kit.
roydjt
QUOTE (RPW00Mirage @ Jun 27 2013, 03:46 PM) *
I would try to find something rediculous, one that plays a song smile.gif

I've always wanted Al Czervik's horn from Caddyshack! Linky link

-Roy
bcg
As it turns out...false alarm (yuk...excuse the pun). I thought the chirp sound when the car was armed was the main horn...duh....never actually hit the real horn...which sounds fine. The alarm sound is okay. I plan on doing thing with the horn now. I'm satisfied. The tinny chirp threw me off. Plus, the dealer showed me that there are actually 2 horns that could be replaced and one is not very easy to get to. I'm glad I don't need to go down that path now.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.