Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 "Click" sound fixed!...
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Elantra AD/MD/UD > Elantra AD/MD/UD General

View New Posts
GKK
The Intermittent "Click" sound heard intermittently at Slow speeds when the car is accelerating or stopping for the past year or so, is finally fixed!

Today, I decided to take my wife's 2011 Elantra to the dealership to have this intermittent clicking sound fixed. I've searched all over the internet and this forum for answers but, to no avail.

The dealership found a Technical Service Bulletin for "Drive Axle Seals". The Hyundai Tech replaced the seals but, found the clicking noise still there. The tech then found another TSB for "Front Axle Noise". Replaced Driver side Drive Axle and the clicking noise is finally gone!...

Hope this helps someone...

Red Elantra GT
Hey-Thanks for posting this valuable info. Those sort of noises, even when it's minor, can be aggravating. Maybe the noise was a warning of impending issues. I've had cars "break" without a warning sound.
GKK
You're welcome!

The Service guy said, when they removed the axle, threads came off with the nut!...
RPW00Mirage
the velosters do this. the dealer puts a little trans oil on the splines that go into the trans and it seems to solve the problem.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.