Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Comparison: (i30)Elantra, Corolla, Focus and 3
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Hyundai/Kia > Hyundai News and Views

View New Posts
Kate31
This is kind of funny because a lot of us find ourselves comparing numerous vehicles before actually making the purchase. Although these are not the "sedan" models, it is a nice write up about all of the cars.

Here's the write up: http://www.caradvice.com.au/211368/ford-fo...parison-review/

And, if anyone else is like me, I enjoy reading the comments - but one in particular really made me mad!! It states: "I assume you have absolutely no interest in cars if you own a Hyundai Elantra." grrrr to you Mr. Salty Tude!
trololololo
dont worry its just intellect envy
RPW00Mirage
the corolla is a horrible lifeless car. not even soccermoms should like that car.
Alex2013GT
Well you know what they say about people that assume. It makes an ass out of u and me! (although in this case its just him). The comments were pretty funny. It just shows you how many ill formed people there are in the world. I know I didn't buy the GT to be a track car. I enjoy driving through twisties and it handles absolutely fine for a little fun. Realistically I needed it to be economical, reliable, sporty, comfortable, quiet, and be able to haul cargo if needed. With the seats that fold flat I was able to easily fit a fully assembled computer desk in the back that I sold on Craiglist. That would be pretty tough in all of those where the seats don't fold flat. In any case, obviously I'm a little biased but some of those reader's comments were plain stupid.

Also, seeing those pics definitely let me know I made the right choice. With having kids I needed to make sure there was sufficient leg room and space in the back. The Elantra defintiely has the best in this class. Some excerpts fromt the article that I couldn't agree more with:

The Hyundai simply offers the nicest trim and textures, and a high-quality colour touchscreen that immediately relegates the other pixelated assortments to the last century.

Hyundai’s in-house six-speed automatic matches the Mazda’s smarts, and in more ways it needs to.

The 1.8-litre engine in the i30 needs 4700rpm showing on the tacho before its maximum 178Nm is delivered. Much below that, the engine lacks torque, but like a long-married couple the auto understands the flaw of its partner; apply light throttle on hills and the gearbox (oh how the Focus needs this) quickly drops gears to disguise the deficit.

Head towards 6500rpm, when peak power is delivered, and the Hyundai engine (below) is the sweetest of the quartet, keen and quiet at the top end.

Ironically, considering it’s the nation’s favourite car, the Mazda3 is a car more for the driving enthusiast minority than the majority of motorists. You’d actually expect the quieter, calmer-riding Hyundai i30 to be more appealing to the masses.

popeye
QUOTE (RPW00Mirage @ Feb 1 2013, 08:48 AM) *
the corolla is a horrible lifeless car. not even soccermoms should like that car.

This.

How could he even compare a Corolla to anything but a third world transporter, because that's all that it ever was or will be... Maybe for the purpose of example I suppose, show us how bad it can be and then look at how great it can be?
trololololo
corollas ( wheres the poop emoticon?)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.