Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FierceEntity
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Swee's Coupe
I see you lurking and wanted to publically welcome you.
FierceEntity
Thanks what's up just bought my 2013 Elantra any tips on interior mods?
Swee's Coupe
I'm an exterior kind of modder. There is a specific forum for interiors and some kickin' pics!

Where are you from? We have a map that you can pick a pin and drop it on your location! It helps us organize get-togethers, garage days and in general antagonize you at the local water park wink.gif
RPW00Mirage
welcome!
FierceEntity
QUOTE (Swee's Coupe @ Nov 30 2012, 02:29 AM) *
I'm an exterior kind of modder. There is a specific forum for interiors and some kickin' pics!

Where are you from? We have a map that you can pick a pin and drop it on your location! It helps us organize get-togethers, garage days and in general antagonize you at the local water park wink.gif

How's it going I'm actually a service member stationed in Hawaii. I have never touched cars before but I love my elantra so I wanted to make it all mine. I think I wanna get a K&N Apollo CAI it's a pretty simple install right? Do I need to put anything in my car prior to installing this?
Swee's Coupe
I haven't used a K-n-N before but I am familiar with CAI and Short Rams. I'd assume everything you need will be included.

Thank you for your service!!
FierceEntity
QUOTE (Swee's Coupe @ Nov 30 2012, 07:42 AM) *
I haven't used a K-n-N before but I am familiar with CAI and Short Rams. I'd assume everything you need will be included.

Thank you for your service!!

Thanks brother, so I was looking into a couple things. I actually have fabric seats which means the door panels are fabric as well. Is there any way to get plastic parts instead so that I could paint the interior I wanna do like black with white or blue led's. Only issue is in Hawaii you technically can't have any blue or red lights in your car interior or exterior because those are the colors cops use. Which is actually ironic considering the fact that the radio light is blue as well aqs all the dash features which comes stock lol.

I wanna do wheels and rims but I wanna wait till income tax comes but then I'm debating on using that money for a custom paint job instead idk. I also was curious on the average price for lowering your vehicle.
Swee's Coupe
I have cloth interior also. Regarding your interior pieces, I would guess you would have to order them new or find a totalled one at a junk yard. Seems it's a bit soon for that.

Lowering mine is also on my list. I'm still up in the air regarding coil overs or just simplistic lowering springs. There will be a substantial price difference. I'm waiting to see what our aftermarket companies come up with.

I lurk multiple times daily just checking in on everyone and all topics. I'm trying to read up as much as I can considering this is my first/second Hyundai.
Alex2013GT
Hey man, welcome to the club! I will try to answer a few of the questions you've asked.

1 K&N Apollo intake - there are several topics in the MD/UD area of the forum that might be able to provide you some guidance on the install. Probably the "hardest" part is removing the stock intake and the air resonator box. Check out this thread here for some pics of how to install (see all pages). The easiest way to get the box out is to either remove the bumper, or remove the driver side front wheel and then you can access it from behind the wheel. To put the new one in it isn't that hard, as it's really just a few hose clamps.

2. Suspension - There are various routes you can go. The cheapest would be to just put lowering springs on (say between 200-300 plus install) but you will wear out your shocks faster as there will be more pressure from sitting down low. A good full coilover set will run 1,500 - 2,000 plus install. You will be able to adjust your ride height much more with this and is generally the "best" suspension available. Your ride will be much more stiffer. If you're going to shell out this type of money, stickier tires are almost a must or else you aren't going to truly be able to enjoy your new setup. Also strut bars to help reduce body roll will complete the job here!

3. For the interior, what are your thoughts on what you'd like to do? Are you looking for a stereo, custom leather interior, painting or applying film to the dash, lighting, etc? For the cloth on your doors, maybe your best option would be to have custom vinyl installed if you wanted them colored. I have no idea what price would be on that though, but you would certainly have plenty of color options to choose from.

Feel free to check around the club as there are lots of different areas. We have the main forum, but then we also have a DIY section, Reviews, Wiki, Chatroom, Blogs, Member Showcases, Garages, Car of the month (COTM), and an arcade to name a few. The arcade is only available for those that go "VIP" which is basically a way to help support the club and help Mitch (ElantraGT) cover the costs of running this club. There are also lots of other perks of going VIP (ability to upload pics stright from your computer, add pics to your garage, ability to change your display name (which I've used several times as I originally started here as Alex2004GT), and much more. You can read some more about the community here.. This (unlike many) is an independent forum, but that is why I like it so much! thumbsup.gif
FierceEntity
QUOTE (Alex2013GT @ Nov 30 2012, 01:54 PM) *
Hey man, welcome to the club! I will try to answer a few of the questions you've asked.

1 K&N Apollo intake - there are several topics in the MD/UD area of the forum that might be able to provide you some guidance on the install. Probably the "hardest" part is removing the stock intake and the air resonator box. Check out this thread here for some pics of how to install (see all pages). The easiest way to get the box out is to either remove the bumper, or remove the driver side front wheel and then you can access it from behind the wheel. To put the new one in it isn't that hard, as it's really just a few hose clamps.

2. Suspension - There are various routes you can go. The cheapest would be to just put lowering springs on (say between 200-300 plus install) but you will wear out your shocks faster as there will be more pressure from sitting down low. A good full coilover set will run 1,500 - 2,000 plus install. You will be able to adjust your ride height much more with this and is generally the "best" suspension available. Your ride will be much more stiffer. If you're going to shell out this type of money, stickier tires are almost a must or else you aren't going to truly be able to enjoy your new setup. Also strut bars to help reduce body roll will complete the job here!

3. For the interior, what are your thoughts on what you'd like to do? Are you looking for a stereo, custom leather interior, painting or applying film to the dash, lighting, etc? For the cloth on your doors, maybe your best option would be to have custom vinyl installed if you wanted them colored. I have no idea what price would be on that though, but you would certainly have plenty of color options to choose from.

Feel free to check around the club as there are lots of different areas. We have the main forum, but then we also have a DIY section, Reviews, Wiki, Chatroom, Blogs, Member Showcases, Garages, Car of the month (COTM), and an arcade to name a few. The arcade is only available for those that go "VIP" which is basically a way to help support the club and help Mitch (ElantraGT) cover the costs of running this club. There are also lots of other perks of going VIP (ability to upload pics stright from your computer, add pics to your garage, ability to change your display name (which I've used several times as I originally started here as Alex2004GT), and much more. You can read some more about the community here.. This (unlike many) is an independent forum, but that is why I like it so much! thumbsup.gif

Thanks man yea I don't really like the cloth it comes with since it marks easily but thanks for all the help

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.