Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 2013 GT in Titanium Gray
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > i30 Based (FD/GD) > i30 Based General

View New Posts
Alex2013GT
Well as I mentioned a couple times, I've been trying to decide what I was going to do when my Sonata's lease ended in the near future. I started doing some serious research to try and narrow down my choices. While lots of different vehicles crossed my mind, I had my list preliminarily narrowed down to buying my Sonata at lease end, a Mazda 3, Focus Hatch, Golf (though really only liked the GTI), the Dodge Dart, and the Elantra GT. A sunroof was near the top of my list of desired features and a manual was preferred. To be perfectly honest I really would love to get a convertible, but with a family of 5 that just isn't feasible right now. Even though I rarely ever have everyone in my car, the need arises once in a blue moon so having that 5th seat is a necessity. Now back to last night.

So I get home from working all day on Labor day (ironic I know) and after having dinner with the family and putting my kids to bed, I pick up the advertisement I had received from a local Hyundai dealership. It was one of your typical Labor day ones, with a key to see if you won a new car, a guaranteed prize (which was a $5 Walmart gift card), said they would pay up to 120% of black book value for a trade in, etc. Well wouldn't you know the dealership was opened until Midnight on Monday. I said, what the hell, I wanted to go and test drive some cars and check them out a little more in person anyways and I had nothing better to do at that point. So I hop in my Sonata which needed an oil change and also had a near empty tank of gas and drive to the dealership.

Get to the dealership and start talking with a new sales guy (nice guy, just got out of the army) and I go out with him and the guy who's training him (Steve) on a long test drive in a Sonata 2.0T. That thing definitely has nice pick up. Well the only 2012's they had were indiglo blue, which just isn't my cup of tea, so I turn my focus towards one of the Elantra GT's sitting on the lot which is what I went to look at anyways. I swear the car was custom built just the way I dreamed about it. It was the color I was looking for (Titanium Gray w/ black leather interior), had the style package with panaramic moon roof, had the tech package w/ nav, push-button start & proximity key, etc, AND was a manual). I was like BINGO, so we take that one out on a test drive (slightly shorter route) and then Steve takes me to an empty parking lot to test the turning radius and have a little fun doing some figure 8's. I couldn't help but gaze up at the stars overhead in the panaramic roof. I was in love. I mean I knew I couldn't get a convertible but I could get this sweet looking hatch fully loaded with a full panaramic roof overhead which is a great and feasible alternative. At this point, I know this is the car for me, now its just a matter of getting the numbers "right." Well after a little pretty easy back and forth haggling with Steve and the finance manager we came to an agreed upon price for the new car, trade allowance for my lease, and a great APR. Got the paper work done and helped Steve sell his third car that day. Didn't get out of the dealership until 12:30 AM or so, but it was worth it. Went back tonight to get it completely ready for delivery and walk through the manuals and features with Steve. Overall I was completely happy with the experience and highly recommend Hyundai of Greer for anyone in the SC area as well as my sales guy.

If you read (or skimmed) the above, here are the quick numbers. Overall I am happy with them and love the car which is the most important. MSRP of the car $24,440 (it was fully loaded plus had floor mats, wheel locks and first aid kit). Trade in value of my car (2011 Sonata SE w/ 32k miles in clean condition) ranged between $15k to $16k according to the major sites. Purchase price of the '13 GT was 23,555 and trade in allowance for my Sonata was $16,500. Quite frankly on a brand new model I feel like I got a pretty good deal. Truecar is showing factory invoice to be $23,486 and estimated member price of $23,825. Financing was great (2.9% for 72 months) and no finance add-ons. I didn't want to go out 72 months, but I like having the flexibility of having a lower payment if I need it, and the ability to pay more at any time to pay it off quicker. Plus there wasn't any difference in APR between 60 and 72 to make me lean towards a 60 month plan. The scary part is my son turns 10 this Saturday. I am seriously considering keeping this car for the long haul and passing this along to him to use once he turns 16 and then I can get my convertible biggrin.gif

Anyways, here is what you came for (some pictures!). I promise to get some better ones in the sunlight when I have more time and the weather clears up.

Exterior:

Interior (the flash of the camera is making it look more gray, but it is in fact black) Pics really don't do it justice:

Interior Dash lights. You can get the basic idea despite the poor pic quality:

Panaramic Moonroof - Definitely not the best angle to take this pic and doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea:

Jessie
Congratulations. Such an amazing looking car.

I've never been a hatch fan, but this one has stolen that thought away. And I love the color too!
Red Elantra GT
Hey-as far as I can recall, you're the first manual shift GT in the club.
The sunroof is really close to giving you the feeling of a convertible. The deflector does a good job of keeping things quiet when it's open.
Enjoy your new ride!
Alex2013GT
Thanks guys! I'm enjoying the 6 speed manual, which seems to be harder and harder to find except on the cheapest base models.

I am the type that when I'm by myself almost always drives with the windows down, so the roof will be open quite a bit. Can't wait for some sunny days. Glad to hear that wind noise isn't bad. cool.gif
ronjr8102
Congrats on the GT. Sounds like u got a great deal. Have fun.
benman
Way cool!
elantragt
Very nice Alex. And I do think a name change is in order... cool.gif
sarge
Congrats Alex!!
That's definitely the model I'd get if I needed to get a new one. Manual with the Tech pack - though like you said, they're tough to get like that.

Your son is going to be spoiled with that car. That is after you enjoy it for a few years first.
silet
Nice going Alex!!! For some reason, I can't see the pictures...
Alex2013GT
<--------- Name change has taken place (wow I'm so creative) laugh.gif
Red Elantra GT
Hey-welcome to EC! lol.
Good choice on the new name.
Did you notice the greetings on the dash when you start/stop the car?
popeye
Ah that new car smell, congrats on your latest addition to the family!
Jessie
Now all that's needed is your signature to be changed! (:
Kate31
Wow, I actually really like the inside of the GT! Looks great smile.gif
LeMeez
Very sweet ride. In Canada there is no 6 manual with the tech package, also no sport pedals, sad.gif otherwise looks like mine on the inside. Congrats. I drive around with roof open and the AC or heat on all the time, I too have always wanted a convertible but this roof is as close as I've gotten, love it!
Alex2013GT
Thanks everyone!

Jessie, as soon as I can get good pics of the car that will be updated. thumbsup.gif

That stinks that Canada doesn't have the 6 speed manual with the tech package, but it seems lots of car companies are going that way. I was actually pleasantly surprised I found one, as I can't imagine Hyundai produces many built that way.
Red Elantra GT
QUOTE (Alex2013GT @ Sep 5 2012, 07:41 PM) *
Thanks everyone!
Hey-
Jessie, as soon as I can get good pics of the car that will be updated. thumbsup.gif

That stinks that Canada doesn't have the 6 speed manual with the tech package, but it seems lots of car companies are going that way. I was actually pleasantly surprised I found one, as I can't imagine Hyundai produces many built that way.

Hey-you're lucky to find a stick shift GT. The last stick I drove was a '00 Turbo Beetle.
I noticed there's no ECO button on the dash of your GT. Guess that's only compatible with an auto trans.
milehighhyundai
Nice car there Alex! Dad approved! biggrin.gif
Alex2013GT
QUOTE (Red Elantra @ Sep 5 2012, 10:54 PM) *
I noticed there's no ECO button on the dash of your GT. Guess that's only compatible with an auto trans.

Yea, didn't even think about that, but that would be correct. On the manual I do have a little image pop up on my dash with the next gear number with an arrow overtop of it telling me when to shift to get the best gas mileage.

So when I took my kids in it for the first time, I put my 2 year old in the car first in his car seat. Well when his brother and sister got in, he immediately pointed to the roof and said "look." Apparently he liked the roof!

Also, just noticed tonight that if I leave the roof open on the car and then turn it off, it beeps and a display shows up telling me the roof is open. Always nice to have a reminder so I don't forget to close it. cool.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.