Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fan Motor Blower for A/C went out, 3rd time!!
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Blue Elantra
Hi All,
I need some help. I've had my Elantra for a year now and so far the Fan Motor Blower has gone out 3 times. The first two times the service advisor told me it was a bad part and I'm wondering what they are going to tell me this time... Has anyone experienced this issue? I could use some advise/guidance as how to address this with Hyundai and the dealership.
I'm so frustrated with this.

Also have a small dent on the passenger side from another person's car door hitting mine. It's right at the widest (extended) part. What is the best way to have this fixed and cost wise what could I expect?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!
Red Elantra GT
Hey-I've seen dents repaired by "Dent Doctors" or similarly named companies. You might try finding one of those to fix the door.
Did the motor just stop working or get real noisy or ? I've never had one of those fail. (Knock on wood!)
Vinnie
For the fan issue... you're bringing it to the dealership for repairs right? Bring it to a different one if possible otherwise call hyundai and they will straighten it out for you.

For the dent.....

rstnick
Welcome.
What year Elantra do you have?
Never had a problem with our 2004 GT, so hoping our 2012 will be problem free.
Blue Elantra
It's a 2012 Elantra.
Only speed 4 would work and then it would blow warm air. There was also a burning smell when I first turned it on...
It's horrible driving without A/C here in Texas!
I have been taking the Elantra to the same dealership I bought it at. I'm wondering if the technicians are experienced enought to work on this? Maybe I should try a different dealership. It's just such a hassle going all the way across town for the same issue 3 times in a row!! I will contact Hyundai direct to see what they have to say about this.
Red Elantra GT
Hey-good idea about contacting Hyundai. Third time's a charm..hopefully.
Could just be a fuse.
Blue Elantra
I sure hope so!
popeye
QUOTE (Blue Elantra @ Aug 31 2012, 09:16 AM) *
It's a 2012 Elantra.
Only speed 4 would work and then it would blow warm air. There was also a burning smell when I first turned it on...
It's horrible driving without A/C here in Texas!
I have been taking the Elantra to the same dealership I bought it at. I'm wondering if the technicians are experienced enought to work on this? Maybe I should try a different dealership. It's just such a hassle going all the way across town for the same issue 3 times in a row!! I will contact Hyundai direct to see what they have to say about this.

Hmm blowing only warm air sounds like a larger issue...

Yeah, across town would be well worth the hassle in the Texas heat if your AC is not functioning. Leave first thing in the morning and be there before they open the doors (it'll be cooler and you can hang out in the office AC while you wait wink.gif ).

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.