Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: some question from a first time owner
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
zooyorkcrcaker
Ok so i didnt know what all the XD J2 ment so i looked it up on wikipedia i have a 2000 hyundai elantra wagon gls with a 2.0 according to that i have a RD2/J3 is that correct and is there a portion of this forum for that year...as i have noticed most are about the newer ones thanks in advance look forward to posting about all i do to it
2000J25SP
QUOTE (zooyorkcrcaker @ Aug 26 2012, 04:46 AM) *
Ok so i didnt know what all the XD J2 ment so i looked it up on wikipedia i have a 2000 hyundai elantra wagon gls with a 2.0 according to that i have a RD2/J3 is that correct and is there a portion of this forum for that year...as i have noticed most are about the newer ones thanks in advance look forward to posting about all i do to it

Hi, welcome to Elantra club.

Here's what wikipedia says about it:
"Hyundai states that the 1996-98 elantra is an RD NOT a J2. The same goes for the facelifted 1999-2000 version. It has the chassis code of RD2 NOT J3. Information can be seen on Hyundai's online technical site, www.HMAservice.com".

So the correct chassis code would be RD2.

Yeah, most people on here have newer Elantras. (XD and up) Except for me, Slowgls, and a few others that have RD2s.
Keep us updated on your build. It's always nice to here from other 99-00 owners.
slowgls
Well here is the thing, some people same it a j2 and some say its a Rd. Well it the tibby that is more know as the RD. I call mine J2/RD. Just so you know, They are the chassis code. Its just easier to use them.
zooyorkcrcaker
ok thanks that helps alot ...and i will mos def post everything i do
rstnick
Welcome.
cool.gif
sarge
Welcome!
If you take a look through the garage you can see the many things that can be done to your car. In particular check out Sciphi's Wagon, which should resemble yours... with a few modifications.
2000J25SP
You could also check out "ZGODZX"'s wagon. His is supercharged and has a full body kit.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.