Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proud New Owner
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
rselantra
I'm a proud new owner of a red allure 2013 Elantra GLS, which is somewhat shocking to the equilibrium of a man who has owned various iterations of the Honda Accord for the last 20+ years. As it happens, my wife bought a 2012 Elantra in 2011 and I fell in love with it! So, after much deliberation, I decided to trade my 2005 Honda Accord in, and purchased the 2013 model of the Elantra GLS. I immediately began researching the different Internet sites to find as much information as I could about Elantra modifications, parts, and accessories. That's how I found this site. I've been perusing it for several weeks and finally decided to take the next step and join. I'm looking forward to "picking the brain" of all you veteran Elantra owners, and hopefully mine will one day look as great as many of those I've seen on this site.

I'd post a picture, but unfortunately my car is in the shop getting a new bumper cover and fender. My wife backed into mine with hers ohmy.gif . I've had it for 65 days and 616 miles sad.gif .

Such is life. But, I'll post a picture once my girl is home again. I usually give my girls a name, and I was contemplating naming her Christine, but there's that whole Stephen King, demonic, I'm-coming-to-get-you vibe blink.gif . So, I think I'll stick with Rose laugh.gif .

I'm glad to be on board!
elantragt
QUOTE (rselantra @ Aug 26 2012, 12:12 AM) *
I'd post a picture, but unfortunately my car is in the shop getting a new bumper cover and fender. My wife backed into mine with hers ohmy.gif . I've had it for 65 days and 616 miles sad.gif .

ohmy.gif

Glad to have you here at EC! Is your wife joining? cool.gif
mlumz
Welcome to the club, can't wait to see pics of the family of Hyundai Elantras.
rselantra
Thanks for the greeting mlumz. I'll post a pic as soon as our vehicles are home where they belong.

elantragt, I appreciate the warm welcome. My wife is not computer literate so I think she's planning to piggyback on my membership laugh.gif . She said she'll tell me what you she wants to say, and will expect that I'll convey it like it's intended. What can I say other than "Did I spell that word correctly" laugh.gif ? She's been my sweetheart for more than a lifetime, so I'll be her huckleberry laugh.gif (for those who saw the movie Tombstone).
Kate31
Welcome to the club!! I also have a red allure - although it is a 2012. Enjoy!!
benman
Welcome -- nice background story too. It's always nice to know how people ended up deciding on the Elantra.
rselantra
Thanks for the welcome, benman and Kate31.

Kate, I saw your Red Allure, and now I have a model, and a goal to strive for. Nice.... smile.gif !
rstnick
Welcome to EC.
Looking forward to pix of both Elantras.
party-cheers1.gif
sarge
Welcome aboard the EC Train!

2 Elantras in the family, Rose and did your wife name hers? Sucks that they're already needing repairs, but at least it's only 'minor' damages.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.