Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No tire repair kit on 2013 Elantra Limited
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Tony T
J just purchased a 2013 Elantra Limited model. (see my other post)
I know that the new Elantra's do not come with a spare, but I was under the impression that it came with a "tire repair kit" I did not get one.
Is it an option, am I missing it, or am I just mis-informed?
Red Elantra GT
Hey-my '11 Elantra Limited had a small pump and can of "goo". I'd ask the dealer regarding their whereabouts.
I purchased Hyundai's spare tire and tool kit. I recommend doing that because some tire punctures aren't temporarily fixable with the goo.
Tony T
QUOTE (Red Elantra @ Aug 19 2012, 12:05 PM) *
Hey-my '11 Elantra Limited had a small pump and can of "goo". I'd ask the dealer regarding their whereabouts.

So I'm not crazy, thanks Red.
I'll call the dealer. They still need to add the UV tint and interior protection so I need to go back anyway.
benman
QUOTE (Tony T @ Aug 19 2012, 01:11 PM) *
So I'm not crazy, thanks Red.
I'll call the dealer. They still need to add the UV tint and interior protection so I need to go back anyway.

Just making sure -- don't want to sound condescending -- but where did you look for the kit? It's in the trunk under the carpet where the spare tire would be if there were one.
Tony T
Yes, I looked under the carpet in the trunk. All there is under there is a styrofoam organizer that has a screwdriver & a large "eye hook". I even looked under the organizer just to be sure.
only1db
yeah there should also be a pump and essentially a can of fix a flat. Somebody from the dealership might have taken it out....an option?? i dont think so.
Red Elantra GT
Hey-just contact the dealer or drop by and tell them your car didn't include those two items. If they have to order them, I'd ask to get them from a car in stock.
I think I mentioned here before that I got the spare tire kit from Hyundai. Peace of mind on the road.
benman
QUOTE (Red Elantra @ Aug 20 2012, 02:47 PM) *
If they have to order them, I'd ask to get them from a car in stock.

This is probably what they did for the person before you.
Red Elantra GT
QUOTE (benman @ Aug 20 2012, 12:48 PM) *
This is probably what they did for the person before you.

Hey-quite possible and they didn't order the replacement pieces. sad.gif
SunState
QUOTE (Red Elantra @ Aug 20 2012, 02:47 PM) *
Hey-just contact the dealer or drop by and tell them your car didn't include those two items. If they have to order them, I'd ask to get them from a car in stock.

Very likely that's exactly what happened.

I didn't realize my IPOD cable wasn't with the car until the next day when I went to set up some of the optional features. The salesman said taking from one car to another with those kind of removable items is common on the lot. I was able to go right down and pick one up.
Tony T
I spoke with the dealership and they said they would get them for me.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.