Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Hyundai owner and member here
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Community Center > The Welcome Zone

View New Posts
LeMeez
Hello everyone. I've just traded I for my first Hyundai, a 2013 Elantra GT. It's white and in Canada, the top of the line trim package is called the SE Tech package. I gave up my 'toy' of the last 8 years, a Toyota Matrix XRS, heavily modded! Was a blast to drive up to 8400 rpm's. I was an active member on the matrixowners.com site so will shift over here now. I don't really have plans for this car, being an automatic kinda takes all the fun out of it. But the stock 17" wheels might have to go, is that plastic chrome inserts on them? Looks cheap to me. Anyways, I'll post up pics once I finish vacation (boating for3 weeks).
elantragt
New car, boating for three weeks? Nice. thumbsup.gif

Welcome to the club and we look forward to you being an active member.
Red Elantra GT
QUOTE (LeMeez @ Aug 5 2012, 07:31 AM) *
Hello everyone. I've just traded I for my first Hyundai, a 2013 Elantra GT. It's white and in Canada, the top of the line trim package is called the SE Tech package. I gave up my 'toy' of the last 8 years, a Toyota Matrix XRS, heavily modded! Was a blast to drive up to 8400 rpm's. I was an active member on the matrixowners.com site so will shift over here now. I don't really have plans for this car, being an automatic kinda takes all the fun out of it. But the stock 17" wheels might have to go, is that plastic chrome inserts on them? Looks cheap to me. Anyways, I'll post up pics once I finish vacation (boating for3 weeks).

Hey-I also have a '13 GT. The wheels do have plastic chrome inserts. I didn't care for them either at first but they're "growing on me".
Enjoy your vacation.
Kate31
Welcome to the club and enjoy your vacation!!
RPW00Mirage
hyundai has been putting them on all their models lately laugh.gif

velo tech wheels are sooo sexy.
Alex2013GT
Welcome to the club and congrats on the new ride!
dja4260
I to have a 2013 elantra gt. I want those wheels. I'll trade you my 16in with 130 miles on them + ? If your going to purchase new wheels share the love!
LeMeez
They're growing on me a little. If I change, I'd get black 18 " wheels.
Red Elantra GT
Hey-I like the wheels now that I've seen pics of them on the GTs on EC. I wonder if it it they would look good plasti dipping the chrome inserts?
dja4260
QUOTE (Red Elantra @ Aug 13 2012, 04:59 PM) *
Hey-I like the wheels now that I've seen pics of them on the GTs on EC. I wonder if it it they would look good plasti dipping the chrome inserts?

I thought his were the alloy wheels with the black accents inside them?

I'm confused. Typical.....
Red Elantra GT
Hey-GTs with the Style Package have chrome wheel inserts. The SE Coupe has wheels that appear to have black inserts.
elantraVT
Here is the GT wheel...i kind of like it too. A guy on hyundai forum changed his out for some black spoked wheels and while its a great looking wheel, it just doesn't quite fit the car IMO.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.