Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding Air Conditioning to Blue model???
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Snowman88
Hello all. I am new to the group. I would like to add air to my 2010 Elantra Blue model with M/T. My sticker from my window says that it came with "Air Conditioning prep package". Anyone know of a cheap way to do this. Otherwise I need to trade it in for one with air and maybe an automatic. Thanks for your help!

-Mark
Red Elantra GT
Hey-it's expensive to add air. I bought a '99 Accent (new) & looked into adding a/c. It was about 25% of what I paid for the car. I traded it in.
Snowman88
That is not good news. I guess that they just want you to buy new ohmy.gif
Vinnie
Estimate is around $4,300.00.

It's a quite extensive project and extremely expensive. Also if down the road you trade it in at a dealership, the AC addition wont help in value. In a private sale it would but not at a dealership. They base it off of vin's - least around here.
silvergls
Yeah, if it's a/c you want, trading it in is what I would recommend.
popeye
365 AC is ultimately cheap... tongue.gif
J2/RD

Just look on craigslist for a cheap ac unit and generator. lol

jk, your best bet would be trading in the car for one with ac.
Snowman88
Thanks guys!!! Yeah I got a call back from the dealership this morning and hyundai stopped making the kit. Guess I will have to buy a new Veloster. :0)
silvergls
QUOTE (Snowman88 @ Aug 3 2012, 09:44 AM) *
Thanks guys!!! Yeah I got a call back from the dealership this morning and hyundai stopped making the kit. Guess I will have to buy a new Veloster. :0)

Nice, just make sure the a/c has a car wrapped around it.

I highly doubt a Veloster can be found with no a/c but time to look at all the options available, what you want and what you don't need. Mines had the preferred package with the alloys, steering controls and bluetooth, etc.. Things I use daily and enjoy.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.