Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tiburon swap update!
Elantra Club - Elantra Owner and Enthusiast Community > Community > The Newbie Forum

Shop at the EC Affiliate Mall · View New Posts
AccentNote
Hey all,

sorry I haven't been updating my progress with my Tiburon swap on my accent. I'm in the process of aquiring everything I need, for a basic rebuild. Can anyone point me in the right direction for pistons and cams? (performance ones are just fine by me) That's the only thing I'm really having troubles finding, I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep standard sizes, but I may decide to go over-sized depending on what I can find. I know some good machining guys up here who wont charge me an arm and a leg for boring and porting, so I'm taking it into consideration.

Also I'm researching ECU tuning, can anyone point me in the direction for this as well?

By the way after all my research, it turns out the Tib/Elantra motors (G4GF) will in fact bolt onto the accent 5 speed. It just leaves the bell housing open a bit but the bolt patterns are the same, which is no big deal.

Thank you all for your time on this. smile.gif
2000J25SP
QUOTE (AccentNote @ Jul 26 2012, 03:04 AM) *
it turns out the Tib/Elantra motors (G4GF) will in fact bolt onto the accent 5 speed. It just leaves the bell housing open a bit but the bolt patterns are the same, which is no big deal.

From what I have heard, those accent transmissions don't hold up very well to the extra torque from the G4GF.

only1db
they bolt up to the BETA motor...the Delta motor has a different bell housing...i'm pretty positive they DO NOT bolt up to the accent tranny...besides you will absolutely kill that tranny with the torque.

ecu tuning? yeah its called get the harhness and ecu from the tib and plug it it...unless you want to do a full standalone. OH and btw the radiator and condensor will NOT fit in there with the v6 on the alpha subframe. There was a picture that somebody had bolted it up and it stuck out way too much....not to mention being mention being heavier over the front nose. its gonna handle like crap.

better off with some light boost on the alpha...
sarge
Yea, turbo the Alpha. Or if you're really wanting a swap, do a Beta(seen it), or even Theta - also custom work, but more worth it.
only1db
or get real crazy and do a theta II turbo from the sonata! haha...or the 1.6 turbo from the veloster.
Silentwolf
For XD gen, i think a FWD SR20DET swap would be easiest. After all, you already have to make new engine mounts and everything. Go with an engine that is better supported.
RPW00Mirage
4g63t smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.