Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie (sort of) with an 05 hatch
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
hawker
I am picking up my new GT hatch tomorrow and had a couple of questions I couldn't find clear answers to by searching. I'm not new to this car, I bought an 03 GT hatch auto and have loved it. The only problem I had is I wanted a stick, so with great incentives and cheap financing I decided to get one.

I keep hearing about the sway bar mod, can I just buy this from the parts mgr? On an 05, will the Tib bar still go right on? Is the 05 Tib still 19.2mm? Is that the one I should get or is a different year better?

The other one is the CAI, I'm sure there are a lot of opinions, but what's been the best experience so far?

My 03, short of tinting the windows, is stock. With this new one I'd like to do all the things I wanted to do before but didn't have the time or money. biggrin.gif

This seems like a great group, I'm glad I stumbled across it.
cobas
I'd bet money nothing has changed in the 03-05 TiburonGT and ElantraGT rear sway bars. You can check to see if the part numbers are the same. Try www.hmaservice.com, make an account and have them re-send the password. Then you have a LOT of useful Hyundai information, especially the top left link to WebTech, InfoTech or whatever its called now. Part numbers and pictures for just about every part on our cars, wiring diagrams, assembly instructions, etc, etc.

The TWM short-shifter also feels damned good. Now that I'm used to it I'm sure I'd hate the long stock shifter. That, the sway bar and 17" wheels are my current mods.
Bigs
Welcome to the Club Hawker!

Congrats on your new purchase!

As for the sway bar! I recommend getting it used! I have recommended a few people to look here! Canada & US.

http://car-part.com/

I got mine for $109 cnd shipped and taxes in! Some have found some cheaper!

Good luck!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.