Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Placed an order for a 2013 Elantra L
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Arkon
Hello Guys,

Last Saturday I put down the money to get me the Elantra L in ruby red that i want., should be here by the end of the week.

Any options you guys would strongly recommend? Especially the rubber mats or are the less expensive after market as good?

Never bought a brand new car, so i appreciate the tips.

Arkon
Kate31
Congrats on purchasing a new Elantra smile.gif You will love it! Purchased mine about 2 months ago and it's amazing.

I made the bad mistake of just going to the store and purchasing mats without looking at the pedal situation. Switching from a Mazda to Hyundai, the pedal arrangement is completely different and the mat doesn't go under the pedal, instead it lays on top of it driving me nuts. I've been looking into the Weather Tech ones - although expensive, they seem to contour the right way around the pedals. Just my opinion.

Post pictures whenever you get the beauty!!
bhorste
Welcome to the Club! While I can't recommend any accessories personally (mine is 10 years old next year), I'm sure that you'll pick out something great for your new car. Enjoy the new ride!
Red Elantra GT
Hey-I got the Hyundai carpeted floor mats and they fit perfect and have clips to keep them in place. I recommend them very much. I find the accessory trunk net to be quite useful in securing groceries, etc. Not expensive. I got the Hyundai mud guards and they help a lot. I also got the donut spare and tools from the dealer. Peace of mind when out and about. The pump and goo are too iffy for me.
Arkon
Thank you all.

I will post pictures once i get the beauty. I will keep the mat issue in mind since I get the Standard and anything interfering is really annoying.

I live in Victoria Canada and i am almost certain the spare and tools are included, even in the L model.
HyundaiMunday
canadaflag.gif Welcome fellow Canadian. Congrats on the new car. Hope to see it soon.
Red Elantra GT
QUOTE (Arkon @ Jun 12 2012, 03:50 PM) *
Thank you all.

I will post pictures once i get the beauty. I will keep the mat issue in mind since I get the Standard and anything interfering is really annoying.

I live in Victoria Canada and i am almost certain the spare and tools are included, even in the L model.

Hey-all US Elantras do not have a spare and related tools. Let us know if that's not the case for your new car. (I don't recall off hand if other Canadian members have mentioned the spare tire situation before.)
Arkon
Okay folks, I got it and love it.

Yes the new Elantra L comes with Spare tire and Tools as part of the basic package.

I got the Protection plan for the paint and the interior. for about 800$ for the next 7 years any interior fabric is covered for burns, rips and spills, which means no worry about mats.

Got the 7 year 120km extended warranty which included road side and stuff like radio, which normally only has 3 years.

Pictures are under http://www.acdseeonline.com/album/Batcave/645509/

Radio is surprisingly good. Driving is fun.

Dealership didnt listen when i said dont put your sticker on my car, so heat gun and 2 minutes and its off again.

All in all, i am a very happy 2013 Elantra L Owner.
bhorste
That's fantastic to hear! Congratulations and good luck with your new car!
korea_senpai
Unlike someone, "Kate" I'm still a Mazda guy but am now half Hyundai. I love my Elantra coupe you are going to enjoy your car.
Kate31
QUOTE (korea_senpai @ Aug 10 2012, 09:52 PM) *
Unlike someone, "Kate" I'm still a Mazda guy but am now half Hyundai. I love my Elantra coupe you are going to enjoy your car.

Heyyyyy now - I will always love my Mazda. The kid who bought it was trying to keep secret that my first car was hit recently. I cried..a small tear because it was a great car!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.