Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: extended warranty
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
fosterh
At purchase of my 2005 Elantra I also got the 845 dollar bumper to bumper extended warranty to 100,000 miles. Received card today with wrong first name. Bottom line: is this warranty worth it since I can cancel and only pay 25 dollars at this point. confused-scratchhead3.gif
cobas
Is the extended B2B warranty transferable to second owners? That might help resale value if that matters to you.
Bigs
It depends... My father got the 6 year 120000KM warranty and it paid off for him! I have taken a few extended warranties and they didn't pay off for me. If something happens, it's like insurance to have it!
Xhawk983
Just got mine on Wednesday. Offered a $1300 b2b warranty. It sounded like a good deal to me, considering the last dealership I had gotten a car from treated me like crap.

My 1st new car, so I want all the coverage I can get. happy.gif
Bigs
XHawk,

Welcome to the Club!

How long is that warranty for? Sounds a bit high in price... But it might be me also! biggrin.gif
oiml8
keep it. You will use it and be happy you got it. Just stand pat. Money spent...move on thumbsup.gif
Bobzilla
I did NOT but one for my Elantra. For what is covered on the "extended Warranties" the original warranty does fine. Plus I knew that most parts weren't all that expensive.

Now, on my wifes' Suzuki, we did buy it. Her original warranty was done at 3/36 and I knew that ALL the parts for her car cost more than my car. Not the parts for my car, the WHOLE car. Trans is 3800.00, exhaust from the engine back is 3000.00. It doesn't take long to pay back that 800.00 we spent on the warranty.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.