Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Elantra owner here
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
songbird54
Hello,
I found this forum and did a lot of research while shopping for a compact to replace my Tucson.
I wanted to try a different brand but all roads led back to Hyundai. They just had the most bang for the buck. Honda did not update the Civic enough and as sad as it is, I cannot afford an equally equipped Chevy or Ford. rolleyes.gif
I picked up my White 2013 Elantra Limited with Nav in April. biggrin.gif
I love the look and the way it drives. I always look for safety first and the Elantra gets high marks all around.
I love the different tones in the interior, the black, silver and beige is not boring.
Im not crazy about the 17 inch wheels, it feels a bit rough to me, but they look good.
I am somewhat pleased with the gas mileage so far, the computer is telling me 28.9 to 29.5 for my daily commute. I would like better, but its an improvement over the tucson.
I have been keeping track of my fillups also, but Im not sure how to calculate manually.
There are also features Im not using like the triptronic(?) because Im not sure how to use it.
I know the guys will laugh, but the salesman opened the hood before the test drive and I just got in the drivers seat. I told him, Im a woman, I need to see the inside and the trunk, for anything else I call the 800 number. He briefly showed me the triptronic but not enough that Im comfortable with.
Im happy overall with my choice. wink.gif
I do have questions for other owners, which I'll save for another post.
Amy
Louiceman
Congrats you new car & welcome to EC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
silet
Welcome to the club!
Vinnie
Congrats and welcome!! Glad to have another proud owner here!
VIG
Welcome to the club! Congratulations on the new car.

As for how to calculate MPG you just take how many miles you drove between fill ups and divide it by how many gallons it took to fill the tank.

Miles/gallons=MPG
benman
Welcome to the club. On the tires and rough ride, also make sure that the tires are inflated properly. Don't assume they were at the dealer. After a week, I checked my tires and they were inflated to well over 40 pounds and the ride softened greatly after that. They should be 32 psi. But yes, the 17 inch tires may ride a bit rough depending on the probably fatter tires of the Tucson.
trololololo
Hola amiga.
Enjoy ur ride, hope we can help with any questions in the future..
songbird54
QUOTE (fsv87 @ May 21 2012, 12:24 PM) *
Welcome to the club! Congratulations on the new car.

As for how to calculate MPG you just take how many miles you drove between fill ups and divide it by how many gallons it took to fill the tank.

Miles/gallons=MPG

Thank you, I will try that. I kept all my receipts too!

QUOTE (benman @ May 21 2012, 02:26 PM) *
Welcome to the club. On the tires and rough ride, also make sure that the tires are inflated properly. Don't assume they were at the dealer. After a week, I checked my tires and they were inflated to well over 40 pounds and the ride softened greatly after that. They should be 32 psi. But yes, the 17 inch tires may ride a bit rough depending on the probably fatter tires of the Tucson.

I read a lot about the air pressure in the tires, so I will check them. Thanks!
Red Elantra GT
Hey-My tires had 40+ lbs of air when I took delivery. This seems to be common practice with manufacturers. My Toyota from way back had 50. sad.gif
bhorste
Welcome to the Club!
GreenLight
I as You are also brand new..I read alot but haven't posted any till now..

My welcome to you also.. smile.gif
Greg08101995
QUOTE (GreenLight @ Jun 1 2012, 02:23 AM) *
I as You are also brand new..I read alot but haven't posted any till now..

My welcome to you also.. smile.gif

A warm welcome to the both of you smile.gif
Kate31
Welcome!! I'm sure you will love the Elantra smile.gif

I personally love the tires...until I hit a horrid pot hole yesterday. total fail on my part!
Red Elantra GT
Hey-I hit a pot hole at 70 a while back. I thought for sure the tire or two was toast but all was fine. I avoided that lane altogether until they fixed it.
Kate31
QUOTE (Red Elantra @ Jun 3 2012, 12:03 PM) *
Hey-I hit a pot hole at 70 a while back. I thought for sure the tire or two was toast but all was fine. I avoided that lane altogether until they fixed it.

Wow! I guess I shouldn't feel so bad then haha
Nymeria
Welcome! Interesting to hear about your thought process while researching. Mine was much the same. The Elantra seemed like the obvious choice, and the more I researched the alternatives, the more convinced I was.

As far as the tires, I have the same issue--feels like I'm on a hayride on the bad roads around here!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.