Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012 Elantra Ltd NAV videos?
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
n5eea
I have a Black on Black 2012 Elantra Limited with the NAV system. It's got a USB port and I've been able to play some MP3 audio files on it.
But I was curious if it would play any form of video files to be able to have passengers watch music videos or movies while in the car?
If so, what file formats work?

Thanks,
Rog
Greg08101995
I was wondering that too . I'll take a flash drive with me out to the car on the way to work . I think you can at least show pics
Tony240
no videos, ive tried ipods..flash drives and external hard drives.. you can play images but no videos from what I can tell
Red Elantra GT
Hey-having a screen for each passenger would be great, but I'd think having videos on the current screen would be distracting to the driver.
hyundave
QUOTE (Red Elantra @ Apr 23 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Hey-having a screen for each passenger would be great, but I'd think having videos on the current screen would be distracting to the driver.

As well as illegal.

You are not allowed to have visual movement playing in eyesight of the driver while he/she is driving legally. (Which is why most DVD players are mounted on the roof so only back passengers can see it)

Now... if you get an aftermarket H/U with visuals, you can easily bypass the e-brake security by grounding that wire. Hahah I can have friends playing my ps2 on the screen in the front of the car. But it's illegal... just saying.

As for your nav - nope not with stock. If you want that, go aftermarket (but I doubt you will since you paid the extra money already)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.