Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New :: About to purchase :: Question =)
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
connekted
Hi Everyone,

I recently signed up to the forums as I am very close to buying a 2012 Elantra. The car seems absolutely amazing and for the price its almost to good to be true. So if all goes to plan I might end up with one by the end of the year.

I had a question that I was still a little confused on even after some research and dealership questions.

One of the biggest draws to the car is the technology package. The use of bluetooth, phone, iphone, etc integrations seems straight forward and solid. I noticed when I was inside of the Veloster it had what seemed to be a 3.5mm cable to audio/video cable (3.5mm to white/red/yellow) sitting in the glove box. The dealer said that the unit could display video from another external source using that cable. Is this possible with the Elantra w/ tech package? I noticed when searching online that there were OEM navigation units for sale that on the specs listed 2 video inputs. 1 for rear camera and 1 extra. This leads me to believe the option might be there. The dealer had said it should work with that cable on the Elantra but didn't sound to confident. I also do not see this cable listed on the Veloster or Elantra when building a car via the hyundaiusa website, only the iPod cable.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Scott

On a side note I really hope the Blue Link becomes available as an add-on at some point for the Elantra.

connekted

The only thing I can find related to this refers to the Veloster. Fingers crossed that it works in 2012 Elantra =)

http://adage.com/article/news/hyundai-velo...hangout/230304/
"To that end, Hyundai is the first to include an RCA cable which plugs into a standard auxiliary jack. Three plugs -- white, yellow and red -- can be put into an Xbox. "

In the Veloster downloadable booklet it says "integrated auxiliary jack and rca cable that allows you to plug in and play videos from your ipod or other rca-compatible devices"
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/ebrochure/Veloster/ Page 7 Under "Video Playback"

If anyone knows anything, let me know.

Thanks

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.