Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Part number help needed
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > J2/XD/HD Generations > Audio-Video Zone

View New Posts
roydjt
Hey guys,

The other day I hit a button on my stereo and I noticed that the right side of the stereo slid in to the dash a little bit. I figured that maybe the screws that hold the stereo to the mounting bracket had come loose and I needed to tighten them. I just took off the dash fascia, and as I was removing the screws that secure the mounting bracket to the dash frame, the plastic was crumbling around the screws. I slid the head unit mounting bracket out and it too is cracked on the right side, where I had seen the movement. I just got off the phone with a local parts desk and the guy looked up my VIN but wasn't able to get me a part number that matches the description that I gave. I can't find a part number on the bracket I have. Do you have the part number for this mounting bracket?

To clarify, this is for an 04 Elantra GT which came with the factory Hyundai Kenwood single-DIN head unit. The bracket has a compartment below the head unit with a door. I want this exact part.

Thanks,

-Roy
Blupupher
I had it a while back, let me look for it. It is like $50.

I am in need of one also.

edit: # 00271-84004

got it from my wanted thread
roydjt
I should know to check the pinned topics before posting. 00271-84004 from this pinned thread. Now I just need to find one.

-Roy
Blupupher
it is also in the DIY

Let me know if you find one for a decent price.

I am even willing to use one without a door if cheap enough.
elantragt
I found it for $27...

http://www.swopehyundaipartsdirect.com/search/
Blupupher
Too bad they want $10.50 shipping and a $3 handeling charge.

Guesss I need to call my local dealer Monday and see what they would charge (since they are the ones who broke it, I just can't prove it).
roydjt
Bought! Thanks! My local dealer wanted $50 for it, so even with the shipping, the $40 is cheaper than I could find locally.

-Roy
Blupupher
Well, I was surprised, my local dealer wanted $39.50 for it ($42.76 with tax).
I would still have to wait almost a week to get it though.

I found it for even less at https://www.hyundaioemparts.com. $31.60 for the part (yea, a bit more) but only $8.50 shipping, and they had a %5 off code, so $38.52 total. Saved $4, and will get it about the same time, and don't have to go to my dealer (I don't like the parts guy).

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.