Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Guys...
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Community Center > The Welcome Zone

View New Posts
poriggity
So, until recently, my daily driver was a 2000 Hyundai Accent GS, that my wife bought brand new in Y2k. It had 175k miles on it, when a rock slide caused it's demise, the damage being more money than the car was worth. Here are some pics of the old girl we called Daisy:

But knowing the reliability we had with this car, I could pass up a screaming deal I found on a 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS sedan, so, as one car's life is over, a new journey began... Meet Duke:

As much as I enjoyed the old accent for it's reliability and fuel economy, I know that Duke will serve me just as well.. and if you couldn't tell, yes, grey is the color of choice. The old accent was grey, my new elantra is grey, and my wife's 2011 tucson is also grey...see:

At any rate, I am glad to be here, and look forward to learning a lot!

Scott
elantragt
Welcome to ElantraClub and congrats on the new car (Duke). Thanks for the pics! thumbsup.gif
poriggity
Thanks for the welcome! I am really enjoying the car.. I love the size, and the power.
Scott
elantragt
One thing I wanted to let you know. You'll see the term "HD" around the club quite a bit. That isn't for high def tongue.gif ... "HD" is code the for your generation of Elantra (2007-2010). Just a heads up.
poriggity
I was able to figure that out.. smile.gif I figured that out a few days ago.. while doing a google search. Thanks though!
Scott
hyundave
Scott,

Great to see another HD owner! I'm curious to know if you're thinking about any mods (I know you just got it though hah no rush).

Glad to have you here.

Dave
poriggity
Hey Dave, actually, I am HAHAHA.. I am actually REALLY digging your tail lights, and would love to have a set, but I can't seem to locate a set anywhere... I'd also like to get some decent rims for it as well... Just not sure what I want, or when I want it.. smile.gif Any clues as to where I can pick up a set of LED smoked tails?
Scott
hyundave
Haha actually the LED's I have are hand-me-downs from a previous member "Vex". He had bought them custom made over the phone from sharkracing. I know of no other pair like mine. Now, if you're good with electrical stuff and can create LED panels, then you can probably make them yourself. The one's I have are homemade circuit boards. I have seen another pair of LED's somewhere online but they don't look very good. One thing I'd recommend is just buying smoke tint for them. It's up to you though.

For the rims - I wanna do that too... I just don't have the money right now hahah
poriggity
I'm thinking about doing smoke tint, but It's gotta look right.. I'm pretty picky! HAHAHA
hyundave
QUOTE (Poriggity @ Nov 20 2011, 11:02 PM) *
I'm thinking about doing smoke tint, but It's gotta look right.. I'm pretty picky! HAHAHA

If you did a cut out around the reverse lights on the inside tails it'd look pretty sick. I did a light tint on my headlights. Here's the link to it. Link
poriggity
Thanks for the link Dave! I'll have to check them out when I'm ready...
Scott
Vinnie
This is mine with tint, front bra, rims and vent visors -

poriggity
Very nice Vinnie! I am thinking my first "mod" will probably be window tint. I don't usually pony up for it, but I think I will on this car.. Looks killer! One thing I was wondering, is if there is a way to get rid of the reflective red inside the tail lights, similar to what Hyundave has going on.. I am guessing just tinting the rear won't get rid of the red, right?
Scott
elantragt
You might want to look into Lamin-X. It's good stuff and they have precut kits for the HD.

http://www.lamin-x.com/Hyundai-Elantra-07-...ers-p/hy208.htm
poriggity
Thanks Mitch, I will definetly look into it! smile.gif
Scott

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.