Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh baby, the Elantra Touring plug-in Hybrid?
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > i30 Based (FD/GD) > i30 Based General

View New Posts
elantragt
This might just become a reality!

It's no secret that many companies are placing a huge target on Toyota's back. Toyota's Prius has become the poster child for the hybrid car movement and plenty of manufacturers have attempted to mimic its success. Honda has largely failed with it Insight and CR-Z in the United States, while Ford has had some success with its Fusion Hybrid and Escape Hybrid. Hyundai is taking direct aim at Toyota's new Prius Plug-in with an upcoming plug-in hybrid version of the new i30 (it's called the Elantra Touring here in the United States). The Prius was designed from the onset to be a hybrid vehicle, and achieves 50 mpg combined in hybrid mode. The Prius Plug-in can also travel up to 14 miles on battery power alone.

Hyundai's Elantra Touring Plug-in likely won't be able to match Toyota's lofty fuel economy numbers or its relatively meager battery-only range, but it will undercut Toyota's $32,760 price tag according to Auto, Motor und Sport.

source: http://www.dailytech.com/Hyundai+Elantra+Touring+to+Take+on+Prius+Plugin+Hybrid+Sonata+Hybrid+Panned/article22968c.htm
only1db
intersting...

yeah 32k and you can get the sonata hybrid (which i should have in my driveway tonight)
benman
If so, there may be one of these in our future. My wife has been getting about 10 mpg in her Mercury Mountaineer, just jaunting around the hilly suburbs. I can get 13, but I can't get her to lighten up on the pedal. We need to keep it for hauling our trailer (I actually get 12 combined doing that), but when it's paid off next year, we've thought about buying something else for local runaround to 1) save on gas, and 2) make the Mountaineer last for several years more for camping and vacations.

I showed her a Veloster commercial and she just said, "Uh, no -- that's not a Joan car."

QUOTE (only1db @ Oct 11 2011, 09:26 AM) *
intersting...

yeah 32k and you can get the sonata hybrid (which i should have in my driveway tonight)

Meaning that you bought one?

Hmmmm, so when I'm the last poster and I add a new post, it appends it to the last post. I didn't realize that.
only1db
no its a review car for my blog. though my wife really likes them...i might have one sooner then later.
elantragt
QUOTE (benman @ Oct 11 2011, 09:31 AM) *
Hmmmm, so when I'm the last poster and I add a new post, it appends it to the last post. I didn't realize that.

Yep I installed a system to avoid a double post; I think it's time limited to a couple hours or so. After that, you can reply to yourself. tongue.gif

We have all kind of hidden features here.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.