Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stereo mini USB port and music players? Elantra Touring 2012
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > i30 Based (FD/GD) > i30 Based Audio/Electrical

View New Posts
2012Touring
I have a brand new 2012 Elantra Touring and was super excited to finally have an input jack for our Ipod & MP3 players. Can anyone give me some tips on how it works? I'm a little confused.

First of all it's a mini USB port, not a type A. Which means I need and extra adaptor for any player I own which all have type A outputs. Ok.. so we got an adaptor. But it seems whenever we plug in our Ipod or our MP3 player the controls on the player don't work and on the stereo the only way to navigate the music is to skip tracks ONE AT A TIME. Is this really how it's supposed to work? My parents just bought an brand new Honda Civic and you can put any USB key into the stereo and choose folders. It's very slick.

I'm on the verge of giving up and filling my car with CDs so I can actually find the songs I want to hear. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Laine
NevynPA
Sorry for the late reply. I have the 2011 Owner's manual, and on page 4-113 it says this:

CAT button (Category)Press {CAT ^}button to move to child
folder of the current folder and display
the first song in the folder. Press
button.
• Press {FLDR \/} button to move to parent
folder display the first song in the folder.
Press ENTER button.

Does that help any at all for the 2012's?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.