Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding a2dp bluetooth to my 2009 Elantra GLS
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > J2/XD/HD Generations > Audio-Video Zone

View New Posts
mjkadel
Hi All,

I just bought a 2009 Elantra GLS three days ago. The only thing it doesn't have that I really wanted is the ability to do A2DP music streaming via bluetooth. Ideally I'd like to get something which just hooks into the factory stereo, but I'm not sure if anything like that is available. I love the aux in and the USB port built into the base of the dash, so I'd like to keep those as well if possible. I don't care too much about hands-free capabilities, but it would be nice bonus if whatever I installed did that too. I have the stereo with satellite radio built in.

I figure if I can get something that interfaces with the factory stereo then I can it myself. Otherwise I'll gave to get a different deck and get a shop to install it. But I'd be up for that as well if need be. I just worry a little about it getting stolen.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there anything that just hooks right in to the back of the factory stereo? If not what's the most affordable aftermarket deck that performs well? Nothing too fancy - I won't be adding amps or replacing/adding speakers.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
elantraGT5Speed

Your cheapest option might be a device which hooks into the USB port - even thought you want to keep it, it may save you the headache of installing a new head unit just for that capability. I think what you want is a little out of the reach of the OEM head unit.
NevynPA
There are speakerphones that clip to your visor that allow you to both make phone calls and stream. However, it's either stream to the speakerphone, which is annoying (1 speaker), or stream to speakerphone via A2DP and then the speakerphone FM transmits to your car stereo.

Jabra Cruiser and Cruiser2 both do it, as well as the Motorola T505 and one other one (I forget its name). Cost: $40-$60.

music player-->A2DP Bluetooth-->Speakerphone-->FM Transmission-->Car stereo. Hackneyed, but functional - I do it sometimes myself.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.