Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012 BLACK ELANTRA *I am new here*
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
ChicagoJoe
After waiting a couple weeks I finally got my ELANTRA!!! and I am MORE than happy with it and it has EXCEEDED my expectations!

HD pic coming soon!

I have had it for 3 days no and so far MPG looks good

going to a concert downtown tonight (chicago) I think I am going to go wash it already : ) ...is it too soon to wax it?
silet
Welcome to the club!!! Usually you need to wait a month before doing anything to the paint, other than washing the car. The build date should be around the door jamb.
Solano
Awesome choice in color. The accents on the grill really compliment the black=]
elantragt
Congrats on the purchase. Hope to see and hear more from you. biggrin.gif
Madrigal
Great! What a beauty!
slowgls
Im really starting to like the new elantra in black.
Rocket
Wow! Love those cars in black.

Just be careful to use good washing and drying techniques so that you do not put swirls in that gorgeous black paint.

Rocket.
Louiceman
Congrat your new car look nice!!!
ChicagoJoe
thanks everybody for the compliments and advice...

I am thinking about going back to get some tints added... Illinois allows up to 35% i think, but i just feel the car would look a little sharper but i dont know... what do you guys think?
ChicagoJoe
I thought id drive like a grandma on my way home from work today to see what it would to my MPG.... I'd say im pretty happy with it....

I kept taking pictures because i thought 40 would be the peek, then at 42 took another pic... then 42.4 ... then 44.7.. then 44.9... then 45.4.. then ....well you get the point ... (i had to go through and delete about 18 pictures hahaha..

also anyone have feedback on if i should get some tints?
cmg61
I bought a 2011 Elantra in Indigo Blue Pearl in May and had the windows tinted (as dark as legally allowed in KY - whatever that is!) and it made a huge difference - very sharp.
elantragt
You may want to start a gallery album here to show off your car. biggrin.gif
ChicagoJoe
I figured I would wait another few weeks before i give it a waxin' (because it was manufactured about a month ago in June) BUT did give it a WASH!!! looks hot now!

I also went and bought some mcguires Tire shine

woo can't wait until i get some tints!

Am i posting too many pics? hahah
silet
The MD is a great looking car!!!
Solano
The 5 spokes are very classy. If they came in a bigger size I'd definitely swap my 7 spokes for them. happy.gif
Madrigal
That is one beeeaauuuteeeful car. Nice job. I have to wash the bugs off my white car every weekend this time of year sad.gif
mbenz
Chicago great purchase in the car looks like something i own smile.gif lol u should get it tinted in jersey laws where not allowed to have tints but it aint stopping me i really do consider you getting tints ive gotten so many comments on it and if you get a spoiler as well it will really pop it is just my opion but ik it would look like a little elantra sports car hahaha
ChicagoJoe
QUOTE (mbenz @ Jul 27 2011, 08:35 AM) *
Chicago great purchase in the car looks like something i own smile.gif lol u should get it tinted in jersey laws where not allowed to have tints but it aint stopping me i really do consider you getting tints ive gotten so many comments on it and if you get a spoiler as well it will really pop it is just my opion but ik it would look like a little elantra sports car hahaha

i might have to look into that (spoiler), i know i will be getting tints within a month or so, i think i might have to get a spoiler after that, great idea man
jamhandman
Car looks great!
FSUspectra
I'd tint those windows in a heartbeat, and get a good quality film, too. I won't own a car without tinted windows. Florida will do that to you, though. smile.gif
aussiesmg
This is my 2011 Elantra with Motegi's and tint, 16000 miles in 3 months and she is a stick

MikeT1
hey chicago joe and the rest of you all! new to the forum, and like CJ, waited several weeks for my new Elantra also in black! very sharp looking indeed. if i could i'd tint the windows but can't afford it and am not sure about Kansas laws. i think you have to leave the front windows lighter. anyway, i think the car looks fine without tinting... and i saw a comment about adding a spoiler.... i wouldn't do it. would change the entire back deck profile which i think is fine.

one thing i would do however is get chrome rims to match the chrome trim on the car. the alloys are fine and nice looking, but chrome would really set it off. all the ones i've looked at so far look stupid tho' and EXPENSIVE! sheesh....

anyway, i love the car so far. only complaint is the continental tires seem "wobbly" at various speeds above 60. worse at 70. not sure what that's about yet.
ChicagoJoe
QUOTE (aussiesmg @ Aug 3 2011, 02:42 PM) *
This is my 2011 Elantra with Motegi's and tint, 16000 miles in 3 months and she is a stick

dude those black rims look bad ass man

QUOTE (aussiesmg @ Aug 3 2011, 02:42 PM) *

NOT TO MENTION the sick ass looking tints!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.