Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hyundai News from my local dealership...MUST READ!
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Hyundai/Kia > Hyundai News and Views

View New Posts
only1db
ok...so i see one of my sales guys filling up a car while i was at the gas station. I say whats up and he immediately gets gitting on me. He is a hyundai guy just like the rest of us and gets all excited when something new comes out. He also keeps up on all things Hyundai...again like the rest of us. So what he says is usually about 90 percent true. :laugh:

1st...the new accent. They have them at my dealership and they are NICE! after he tell me about them i go down and take a look, the interior is amazing and in no way seems cheap. the seats are actually quite comfortable and supportive. They did not have the 5 door yet. I'm waiting to see them! the front of the car looks a little blunt but looks much better in person then in the pics. I wasnt a big fan of the way the sedan looked at first but in person its pretty nice. Should be nice to go over there one day and drive the 5 door when they get them in.

2...New santa fe....slated for next year....2.4 gdi turbo with 300hp....not sure about this one...seems a little over the top, but doable.

3...Veloster to hit dealerships come august...THIS i MUST drive even if its the non turbo version. He said i looks way better in person and is very comfortable. (he say the prototype and the last car together.)

lastly....elantra coupe. BYE BYE forte Koup...you are going to get blown away if word on the parking lot is true. 2.0 gdi turbo (detuned) to the tone of 240hp and 220 ftlbs of torque!!!! Being that i have heard CEO Krajkick (sp? hha) say that the E coupe is going to slated intbetween the veloster and the Gen coupe...this makes sense. He wasnt sure about an LSD though...although to compete with the likes of the mazda speed and SI it should really have one. This is slated to come out late 4th quarter just like we were told a little while ago.

my hour at the dealership was productive;) if these are true...like i said most of the time this guy is spot on. (i'm trying to confirm with others that i know as well) Hyundai as only going to go up! and making my next car purchase even harder!!! although right now turbo veloster (3 doors...the extra for the kid) is winning out. but 240 with an LSD would be hard to pass up!
ronjr8102
That is one productive visit w/ a lot of info. What would be nice would b the turbo in the sedan. But would probably take sales away from the Sonata though.
only1db
^exactly...the coupe i guess is the sporty one...i guess they are trying to be more hondalike and do a civic type thing. Although i must say that 240 in that car would be very quick! and the SI would be left in the dust! hell i think an S2000 might be left behind.
slowgls
I like reading good news like this.
only1db
i liked hearing it! hahah

still trying to confirm with other sources....
streetfighterguy
Well this is going to have me looking around a bit too! I might even go back to the Hyundai dealer here and see if they know anything or if not i will go to the bigger one over on the other side of LA since they seem to have alot more stuff.

The 240 hp would be more then i expected as they had it in the hyundai blog as 208 ish with that 1.6T but if they stuff a 2.0 in the car that would be an even better deal cause yeah it would slot it right between the Gen Coupe with its new motor and the Veloster. I guess we will have to wait and see.
only1db
^that is exactly where it wants to go...so i'm thinking E couple turbo for about 24k? that is competitive with everybody else and with it being so light i might put others to shame that cost an extra 5-6k
xdforme22
Comment moved to this thread:
http://www.elantraclub.com/forum/index.php...27940&st=12
slowgls
Starting to like the Veloster.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.