Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to start?
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
redelan
Like most Hyundai buyers I'm poor. angry-hitselfonhead.gif I want to mod out my car but my buget is real tight. Do I do handling and brakes first or engine mods?? confused-scratchhead3.gif
oiml8
Handling! That will provide you the most enjoyment. However you can do 3 things for about $400.

Tires- Kumho KH11's ( you may be able to get a $50 rebate if not satisfied...lol) $280

Tib rear swaybar $60-$100

CAI/SRI - Ebay accord intake $50

Once you do these things you will have a very enjoyable car.

Welcome to the Club biggrin.gif
redelan
I got plenty of rubber on my tires still but that sway bar sounds good. You have a real big price range on it tho where can I get it for the 60 dollar price? Thank you for the fast answer sir. sarcasitc-bow.gif
oiml8
http://car-part.com/

Even though they may not want to do it, ask them to send the brackets and bushings with the bar. Make sure it is the Tiburon GT that it comes from. That is the 19mm bar.
trololololo
not all hyundai owner's are"poor".. lol.

hyundai is a "sensible" car packed with "value"..

the "smart" decision regardless of your financial situation.

i'm going to cosign with oiml8 ... good start there.

other than that... welcome to the club. smile.gif
ricerrx7
I'm poor! biggrin.gif
Migs 01
yup do the rear sway bar. either use the stock or energy suspension poly bushings ( cheap around 15 dollars a pair. slight mod to fronts ). if you do that and you find that you are overpowering your stock tires ( which you will be 676.gif ) then next upgrade to new tires and then maybe light weight wheels.

welcome to the club. check out the members mods list to see what everyone's been up to with their car.
Bigs
QUOTE (oiml8 @ Jun 15 2005, 09:22 PM)
Handling!  That will provide you the most enjoyment.  However you can do 3 things for about $400.

Tires- Kumho KH11's ( you may be able to get a $50 rebate if not satisfied...lol) $280

Tib rear swaybar  $60-$100

CAI/SRI - Ebay accord intake $50

Once you do these things you will have a very enjoyable car.

Welcome to the Club biggrin.gif

He said it! ..and Welcome to the club! thumbsup.gif
Bigs
QUOTE (oiml8 @ Jun 15 2005, 09:39 PM)
http://car-part.com/

Even though they may not want to do it, ask them to send the brackets and bushings with the bar.  Make sure it is the Tiburon GT that it comes from.  That is the 19mm bar.

This is what they did for me 2 weeks ago! I have a used TIB V6 GT Sway bar and I'm going nuts! Handles like crazy!

I saw five used bars in the US, check it out! Oh one more thing, it's the REAR sway bar! Justin Case!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.