Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First mod done tonight!!
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Stelantra
I removed that air silencer box with the cool hose that comes up to the battery. Little bit of a pain. Gotta pull out the fender liner (front lower section), pulled the airbox out. (That wasn't necessary). I removed the battery shield thing to access and remove the 10 or 12 mm bolt holding the hose. I went in by the driver side fog light and removed one 10mm nut, the other is on the back side by the edge of the inner fender shield about half way up. I then jacked the driver side front of the car and commenced to finagling (sp?) that thing out. Took me about 30 minutes. Voila!
Morgan5
Not sure about the spelling, perhaps phanageling lol?, but congrats on the first mod, not get a cai to go with the removed resonator! Youll love the difference!
TGartnale
To do almost anything on our cars, remove the headlites. Even when checking the tire pressure in the spare, remove the headlite. It's so much easier that way.
Stelantra
I debadged it today. I left the GT emblem. The chrome emblems just take away from the back end. I'm going to have to "stick" it out with the Michelins for a while, but I'm thinking the Tib rear sway bar kit would still be worthwhile. Does the dealer in Richmond VA still sell it for $108?
gonzo777
QUOTE (Stelantra @ Jun 12 2005, 08:42 PM)
I debadged it today. I left the GT emblem. The chrome emblems just take away from the back end. I'm going to have to "stick" it out with the Michelins for a while, but I'm thinking the Tib rear sway bar kit would still be worthwhile. Does the dealer in Richmond VA still sell it for $108?

The sway bar is definitely worth it!! (I have the Michelins too)

You could always black out the chrome badges!

I'm still thinking about it, but...

da1tank
nice nice man, that resonator box is a PITA for 05's, i had to jack mine up, remove the headlight battery, and a lil bit of the wheel well liner to get mine out, but it was worth it. congrats.gif
trololololo
if you don't want the PITA job of removing the headlight or jacking up the car, just remove the tube connecting the air box thru the fender.

bada bing.
Stelantra
I didn't remove the battery or the headlight. I pulled the whole box tube and all down and out of the bumper. Took some tugging though.
trololololo
ahhh... good ol tugging at the tube. ... yeah that battery's position is kinda crappy. makes changing the light bulbs a PITA...

i forget how much the entire stock intake system weights i think u shave off about 15 or so lbs...
Stelantra
I'd say the box and tube might have weighed a couple of pounds. I'm debating buying the Tib rear sway from the dealer in Richmond VA. Are they still selling the kit for $106????
trololololo
as far as i know.. don't forget to mention Elantra GT club when calling... i think someone here was quoted one price, and then mentioned the club and got the cheaper price.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.