Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone bought a Elantra in the past 6 months
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
PhillyDevil
Hi,

I was wondering how many of you have bought a Elantra in the past 6 months (new or used).
leopos09
New or used? I bought a 09' in Oct. New. No upgrades yet. Just some of the parts to do the suspension system. Waiting to get wheels/tires next month1st.
liebezeit
Just bought a crimson 2004 GT with power moonroof for $5300, 35k miles, seems like a deal....some minor mechanical and aesthetic problems but it basically looks new. Specifically, the e-brake and front sway-bar are busted and in need of repair. I'm wondering what upgrades I can do myself would have minimal side-effects, i.e., cold-air intake? Also how should I address this large scratch on the side? (it's a vandal's keying, about 5 feet long and 1mm wide, seems like it only took off the clear and color layer.)

liebezeit
MdElantra
Wow low milage nice find. How do you break a sway bar? Its probably just bushings. As far as the scratch wed need pics there are some detailing gurus here that could help if they saw. Read the DIY section of the board for all sorts of upgrade ideas.
liebezeit
Yeah it's the links or something on those sway bars, I think it's something simple like that. I'll see if I can get a nice close-up picture of the scratch, thanks!
EazyAce
I just bought an Elantra for my wife today. biggrin.gif
1bighack
Just bought my 1st Hyundai, 2010 Elantra on Tuesday.
amc-ken
Just picked up my new 2010 GLS Touring yesterday. I love it ! biggrin.gif
Tom06
Congrats! Post some pics!
amc-ken
QUOTE (Tom06 @ Jan 14 2010, 09:41 PM) *
Congrats! Post some pics!

I'll grab some pics soon. This was VERY exciting because I'm 51 and this is my very first brand new car. I've been driving s-boxes all my life. Driving home from the dealership, the Fiancee was with me and couldn't stop laughing when every car that passed us, I would say "our car's NEWER than yours!" :-P. Then I just called them all "Sh!t-box, sh!t-box, sh!t-box....".

It's got 100km on it now and it's a dream. The only thing I hated is the 1,000,000 page owners manual. EVERY maker does this. They make ONE book to cover 20 different cars. (bang head on wall). "The whatever switch is HERE (or Here, or Here).
I want a book for MY car !!!!! lol

My favourite thing is the heated seats. "Mmmm...warm" :-D Everything else just seems first class as well. It's just LOVE so far. I also feel a LOT safer than in my old 95 Saturn. I think that's my favourite part. (except heated seats haa-haa).

Cheers! thumbsup.gif
..Ken
ean
I bought an '08 Elantra a week ago with 40 kms. on it. The usual story of a dealer who was more into selling cars than revealing the history, even though they serviced it. I find the Carfax reports only helpful to a certain degree. Discovered it had a damaged lower control arm so I replaced it. Otherwise the car seems in good shape.
Arch
I got my 05 GT sedan with 60k in October and I've just gone over 10k more happy miles. Paid maybe a shade high at $7500, but it was really flawless - like a new car. Had to replace a headlight bulb (awkward to figure out how to do it, but simple now I know), but otherwise it's fab.
av8989
Hello all! First post here. B) I bought a '10 Elantra Touring SE in Chilli Pepper Red back in December of last year. So far I installed an HID kit and a K&N air filter and that's about it.
imatree0
Welcome and congratulations! You should post some pictures. wink2.gif
Bobzilla
I bought mine in the last 96 months .... does that count? laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.