Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help a Newbie & Introduction
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Skeskali
Hi,

I'm Skeskali (an old high school nickname). I'm a 30-something married woman who is thisclose to buying a 2005 Elantra GT hatchback after literally years of tire-kicking. We're looking to take ownership in about 3-4 weeks -- 6 weeks at the absolute latest.

Since I finally agreed to go with the Elantra GT (instead of other models we were considering), my dear husband has agreed to consider the GT hatchback in white - the problem is I can't seem to find a decent photo of a 2004-05 GT hatch in white anywhere! There's the picture at the top of the forum, but I need a photo that is (1) large and (2) as close to stock as you can get.

So if anyone can point me to a good photo, I'd really appreciate it. And I'll be sure to keep you posted on what happens.

(If there's anyone in the Vancouver BC area who has a lead on good dealers, please let me know!)
stauf
Ummm, Good luck finding one in White.. I've NEVER seen one on a dealership nor has anyone I talked with sales guy wise known about any.. I have had the pleasure of seeing one at HMA, but only one and that was at HQ..

You can get the sedans in white, but i've never seen the hatch anywhere. My advise, make your life easier and pick another colour.
ilanpro
there is no white GT's in the US they have them in Canada and Korea, here is a Korean one

http://www.elantraclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1034
elantragt
Guys, you've got to read these posts carefully. groucho.gif She's in Vancouver BC, Canada. smile.gif

Here's a stock Canada spec Elantra Hatch in Noble White:

happy-wavehello6.gif Welcome to the club, Skeskali! thumbsup.gif
Skeskali
Wow - thanks for the quick replies, folks!

Gearcat: I hadn't thought about asking the dealer to do that for us. I'll definitely keep that in mind as we enter the negotiation process.

I've seen white ones in and around Vancouver, so while they may be rare, I don't imagine that they're impossible to get. As a second choice, has anyone ever seen one in the Silver Sage colour?

Thanks again everyone! smile.gif
Bigs
Wewlcome to the Club Skeskali!

You will enjoy your GT! Good choice!
trololololo
hello and Velcome.

hope you have as good an elantra experience as most of us have.
Figjam74
I have a bone stock 2005 GT Hatchback in white.
If you let me know what angles you'd like to see it at, I could snap a few pictures tonight when I get home from work.
Lethal Injection
Welcome to The Club Skeskali thumbsup.gif The Elantra is an absolutely wonderful car. You won't regret getting one, in fact, I'm quite sure you'll love it for years and years to come. lovesmiley.gif
Skeskali
QUOTE (Figjam74 @ Jun 9 2005, 07:08 AM)
I have a bone stock 2005 GT Hatchback in white.
If you let me know what angles you'd like to see it at, I could snap a few pictures tonight when I get home from work.

Hey, my husband's originally from Saskatoon! thumbsup.gif

I'd like shots from the side, the front (straight on and at an angle), and shots of the rear. I really appreciate the effort, Figjam!
Skeskali
QUOTE (Gearcat @ Jun 9 2005, 04:59 AM)
You are VERY welcome.  Sage Silver is nice too ... the Candy Apple (Electric Red/US) and Hydrogen Blue (Tidal Wave?US) are AWESOME!  Noble White Nordic White/US) is where it's at, though!  biggrin.gif 

We don't get Sage Silver or Triton Green in the US but we get Champagne and you don't.  Not fair! 

Good luck finding your White GT!  Keep us posted!

I saw the Triton Green in person and I didn't like it. I adore the Candy Apple as well, but was worried that the paint on a red car might fade too much. Right now, my top choices are:

* Noble White
* Candy Apple
* Midnight Blue

But to be honest, I'm at the point where I'll take almost anything!

I sent bid letters out to dealers yesterday and I've been stalking my fax machine like it was Ewan MacGregor. No replies yet, but hopefully the bids will start rolling in soon.
Bigs
QUOTE (Skeskali @ Jun 9 2005, 01:40 PM)
I saw the Triton Green in person and I didn't like it. I adore the Candy Apple as well, but was worried that the paint on a red car might fade too much. Right now, my top choices are:

* Noble White
* Candy Apple
* Midnight Blue

I sent bid letters out to dealers yesterday and I've been stalking my fax machine like it was Ewan MacGregor. No replies yet, but hopefully the bids will start rolling in soon.

If you like detailing, Midnight Blue is a great colour! Awsome reflections!
Skeskali
QUOTE (Gearcat @ Jun 9 2005, 03:08 PM)
So ... got a thing for Ewan MacGregor, ay?  676.gif  He's pretty hot.

Whenever I see him, get all woozy. As soon as I hear him talk in his natural accent, I squeal like a 14 year old girl.

Did you see last month's Details magazine interview? ~ Rrowr~ 676.gif
Figjam74
Gave it a quick wash to get rid of most of the road dirt and bugs - then photochopped the background so you don't have to look at my crappy yard smile.gif

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

Pic5

Pic6
Skeskali
What a sweet car - thanks for the photos!
Jonas
Welcome to the club Skeskali happy-highfive1.gif Good luck on getting the Noble White GT party-cheers1.gif If not, go with the midnight blue (not that I'm biased towards blue or something groucho.gif)
ADSisson
QUOTE (Skeskali @ Jun 9 2005, 01:40 PM)

* Noble White
* Candy Apple
* Midnight Blue

Welcome, Skeskali. Don't have the GT but it is in one of your color choices.
Just click the link below smile.gif

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/ADSi...0_0055WinCE.jpg
Skeskali
Love that Midnight Blue!
elantraelite
Skeskali- If Noble White is what you want don't even consider any other colour! You'll be happier with your first preferences.

I've waited 3months for a Black GT sedan.

Have you considered ordering one? confused-scratchhead3.gif

I'm sure shipping would be a lot faster to Canada compared to Australia.

I ordered mine on April 6th 2005, Elantra built May 2005, Arrived July 6th 2005.
...lol I just noticed it was ordered and delivered on the 6th! ohmy.gif

Get what you want. You'll have to wake up every morning and look at your Elantra. thumbsup.gif

You've made the right move by choosing an Elantra.
2k4ElantraGT
haha awsome pics. clean ride

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.