Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just got a GT sedan 5M in blue tonight!!
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Stelantra
Hey all! First off, I am a little more than a car nut. Since my wife and I have been married (1994), we've had over 50 cars between us!! I just sold my built 99 Z28 (had over two years) and got rid of my 3rd car for this Elantra GT. I must say, this car is a blast. I drove one a few years ago and liked it then but couldn't find a hatch. The same happened this week, just my timing. I find that I really like the sedan though. I've had hatchbacks in the past that made creaking and snapping noises that we're never repaired. My GT has the sunroof, which I debated but the other 5 speed on the lot was like a lipstick red with no roof, so I went with the blue. Love it. Remember, I had a Z28 that ran 12.0's on drag radials, so I am being very objective here, if that's the correct word.
I test drove a Mazda3S, ok car, felt underpowered for $16500. Already had a Spec V, wouldn't have minded another but the wife insisted on regular unleaded. Really liked the stats and looks of the Lancer Ralliart, but none in our area other than a dark gray one that was $1000 more than this. My original budget price was $12000, so I stepped up at $13,800 but I feel great about it.
Glad to be here, plan to do some cheap bolt ons, ie CAI, pullies, TB, etc when the money comes around. I'll yank out any air silencer crap I can find and try to find a Tib rear sway somewhere cheap.
ronc12
Way to go Stelantra. Congratulations and welcome to the club. thumbsup.gif
ilanpro
Welcome to the Tidal wave Family 676.gif
Lethal Injection
Welcome To The Club Dude! biggrin.gif
Stelantra
I'll try to get some up this weekend. Besides Sharkracing and Ebay, anywhere else to get hipo stuff for this car?
Stelantra
Sweet! Thanks, I'll check them all out. I like the roadrace rear sway and hotshot header. The Hyundaiperformance site doesn't seem to search, I went there a few days ago and it didn't work for me.
trololololo
Velcome to the club...

TONS of stuff for you to do... some cheapo things too...

recommend doing as much as you can in the DIY section first..

Happy modding !
Bigs
Welcome to the Club Stelantra! thumbsup.gif

Since you're a car freak, you will start modding it soon!
Stelantra
Yea, I did the suspension springs, headers, valvesprings etc on my 99 Z28. I started doing this crap in 1990 with my first car, a 90 Civic Si. Made my own CAI for it. I put springs on it, Eibach Sportlines, bad choice for a daily driver. I've done us gearhead proud through my years of insanity. I'll probably do the good ol CAI first or possibly the crank pulley. I like the Jspec pulley for $149 shipped.
Bigs
QUOTE (Stelantra @ Jun 9 2005, 09:34 AM)
Yea, I did the suspension springs, headers, valvesprings etc on my 99 Z28.  I started doing this crap in 1990 with my first car, a 90 Civic Si.  Made my own CAI for it.  I put springs on it, Eibach Sportlines, bad choice for a daily driver.  I've done us gearhead proud through my years of insanity.  I'll probably do the good ol CAI first or possibly the crank pulley.  I like the Jspec pulley for $149 shipped.

I also recommend the sway bar! A Tib V6 GT 19.2mm sway bar! 676.gif
Stelantra
www.thewheelconnection.com has about the best choices for wheels that I would like. That sway bar on roadrace is a 22mm, wonder if it's too big.
trololololo
yeah i've heard its too big (all the time.. lol)...

seriously,, i think some people complained about links snapping or tires slipping out in corners with the 22... i might be wrong though.
Stelantra
I'll stick with the stand tib sway, the gen before the newest one I'm sure. If I hit it big anytime in the next year or so (where I don't know!!) I'd love to have the 400whp turbo kit for $4700!!! How awesome would that be! Right now I have $150, not sure what I'll do with that little bit. I was going to buy another crash cymbal and stand, but I drive more than I play my drums. Kind of how it is with a 3 year old running around.
trololololo
i have that same problem.. sort of. i'm a part time DJ... its hard to debate whether you need equipment or mod's... i spent 400 on a cd mix station a few weeks ago... although i've already used it twice... i still kick myself in the pants because that would have made a nice downpayment on rims.
da1tank
welcome to the family stelantra, sounds like you have a lot in stock for the elantra, can't wait to hear what mods will be done...good luck w/ it all!!!! thumbsup.gif
Stelantra
Ok, I knew I would find something to gripe about. The paint on it is as orange peel as I've ever seen. I'm going to throw down some Meguiars NXT ( I hear it's great) on it and hope it helps some. The car was on the lot for about 9 months, which didn't help.
Tonight I plan to pull the air box and throw out the normals (silencers, tubes whatever else not needed). I didn't realize they actually have a break in of 1200 miles not to exceed 55mph. Looks like I broke that just coming to work. A lot of my racing friends and engine builder friends have always said "Break it in like you want it to run". My best friend did that with both his Z28's that he bought new and they both ran quicker than any I've ever seen mod for mod.
Stelantra
Ok, 03 V6 Tib GT 19.2. What's a good price in the US?
Stelantra
Now we'll see what my dealer will do.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.