Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK what do I do with the Ipod connector?
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
SuzyShrink
confused-scratchhead3.gif I just got a new Elantra and it has the Ipod connector. I don't own an Ipod so I need to start from scratch. Any recommendations?
02elantragt
I imagine an ipod nano would probably be a good place to start. I'm not a fan of apple products but I think a nano suits very well as an incar ipod.
TMac
You Don't Want Anything Smaller Then A 3Gen Nano.
02elantragt
3 gen is the newest right? if so that's the one i was talking about.
SuzyShrink
dance3.gif Thanks both of you guys! BTW - I have a Cairn Terrier - wheaten!

QUOTE (TMac @ Sep 7 2009, 01:17 PM) *
You Don't Want Anything Smaller Then A 3Gen Nano.
popeye
As for using iTunes to manage your music, make sure to import any cd's as AAC or MP3s, alsoWMA files (which is a crappy format anyway) do not work with the iPod but iTunes will convert to AAC or MP3 though no problem.
Tom06
QUOTE (02elantragt @ Sep 7 2009, 01:24 PM) *
3 gen is the newest right? if so that's the one i was talking about.

4th gen is the current Nano. I agree that it's a good place to start.
afob3
You don't have to use an Ipod to get mp3's etc out of the stereo. You could always start with a cheaper mp3 player and skip the hyundai cable and use a regular 3mm cable in the headphone jack. Or grab an old USB thumb drive you have laying around and load it up with music.

Both are cheaper options but once you have tried an ipod it is hard to go back.
IRUN619
If your AUX input in your new car is the same as mine in my 2009 GLS then you should have an input that looks like a headphone jack and then your USB jack. I bought the Griffin set at best buy for around 25 dollars that comes with the i-pod car charger (but you can also use the USB feature as well) and the 2 male ends for connecting it from your i-pod to your car.

But, no, it doesn't have to be an ipod. You can use any mp3 player, portable DVD player, walkman or anything with a earphone output jack.
Natmack78
Pleased that this was posted. I had the same question myself. Thanks for the advice.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.