Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk clean up
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Ownership > The Elantra Detailing Forum

View New Posts
fuelrat
The last couple days I have noticed a terrible odor in my car. It was even more noticeable when I opened the trunk. Today I was taking out some of the stuff from a camping trip I went on a couple weeks ago. I noticed a can of frozen apple juice that my room mate bought last weekend. Only it was an empty can. It (obviously) thawed, rolled around, and leaked its contents EVERYWHERE. I had to pull my subs, the trunk liner, spare tire/tool kit, and the spare cover. (What a mess!)

Thank god for drain plugs in the trunk.

I filled an empty milk jug with hot water and scrubbed my trunk for nearly an hour with a bottle brush. Constantly rinsing and washing.

The only good thing (other than odor free) is that I finally did the rest of my amp install and tomorrow after work I'm gonna build a mounting plate for yet more speakers under the rear glass. Yippee!
sarge
oh man that stinks! laugh.gif

though like you said, the good thing is you got your amp fully installed. You should take a pic if your setup.
Alex2013GT
Dang well at least you were able to get it clean and get the smell out. . . Good luck with building your mounting plate for speakers! Definitely post up some pics once its done wink.gif
fuelrat
As usual I was half asleep when I posted.

I actually added a second amp so I can power a pair of Pioneer 3-ways in the package tray. Lol

It's funny to see the looks on peoples faces when you are gutting your trunk in an apartment complex.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.