Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: power steering problem on new car
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
PaulK Houston TX
Hi:

New here. I just got my new Elantra GLS yesterday, and already have a couple problems with it. Just traded in a cash for clunker car...hope the Elantra is not another clunker. Just kidding. Very nice car, but I am experiencing an odd problem with the power steering. When turning or going around curves, I notice a very pronounced sawing back and forth motion on the steering wheel, like it is pulsing back and forth. I know it has electric PS, is this normal with elec. PS?

Also speedo seems to be sticking, or lagging and not accurate. Can be going 70 or better, and indicates 60 and lags when slowing down, like it is sticking or something. I know it is under warranty, and will be taking it in to have these problems diagnosed, but just wondering if the pulsing sensation is normal feeling with the elec. PS?
milehighhyundai
First of all... Welcome! smile.gif

I too have a new Elantra and absolutely love the car! I have not experienced the PS issue nor speedo issue you describe. Usually a rocking motion in the wheel at slow speeds indicates an out of round tire. I would double check all of the tire pressures first- all of mine were way off- bad PDI by the dealer.

If pressures are fine- I would take it back to the dealer and have them check it out.

Good luck and keep us posted!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.