Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Diego Meet & Greet????
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Regional > U.S. Club Members > The West

View New Posts
IRUN619
How goes it people? Just bought a 09 Elantra GLS. As this is my first posting, I'm looking to see if there are SD members willing to do a meet & greet - talk shop - get some food and possibly cruise around. If anyone is interested, feel free to post up a possible place, date and time.
04gtON18s
im interested. but im pretty sure this is the same guy from exd... but yeah, not really sure about when and where, but maybe the weekend would do best for me.
popeye
I'd be up for this... Torrey Pines or Mission Bay or ?
04gtON18s
well some guys on EXD are getting together at the In-N-Out Mission Valley. Monday Aug 10 at 9pm... im not sure how many of yall are on EXD as well, but i figured i might as well put it out there... im gunna be there.
popeye
I have child duties on Mondays and 9 is on the late side for me...
04gtON18s
well that sucks... exd already made it an official meet and greet....
popeye
Post some pics here if you can...
IRUN619
Yeah, I am the same guy from EXD that posted up that location for In N Out. I know I have a HD but of course the more the merrier. If Monday isn't good, then is anyone good for Tues or Wends???
04gtON18s
it would be just fine, but theres already a few people that is gunna be there monday....
IRUN619
Well I never made the meet and greet at that date and time. I'm up for another suggestion if you guys have another spot. Had to visit with family friends before they left the overseas. Losing my phone also throws a wrench in your plans too. Hit up the posts if you guys meet up again.
04gtON18s
well my mom actually got into a bad car accident monday afternoon so i was in the er that night. i leave for north carolina september 1st and i would like to get together for some kind of meet before that. i am open any weekend, and weekday nights after 6pm.
IRUN619
Does anyone know of any shows in the San Diego area coming up?? Are there ever any meets with the Kia or Daewoo guys???
IRUN619
Any of you guys up for a meet in San Diego?? Let's plan plenty ahead of time this time around. I admit that I tried and wasn't even able to make it to the last one. I was just anxious becuase I just bought my car I guess. Post up some ideal locations. Let's try to get something going with the Tiburon/Genesis guys too(Bring your measuring tapes, so we can do some part by part comparissons - haha). I don't know if you guys ever met up with any of the KIA guys but perhaps they'd be interested. I was thinking we can shoot for October or November perhaps(I need to install my spoiler and rear sway bar). Give me some location suggestions and times and perhaps see if the Tiburon/Genesis guys have a meet coming up.
popeye
Mission bay might be a reasonable location perhaps, by the visitor's center (plenty of parking) or a centrally located mall...
IRUN619
Where do the Tiburon/Genesis guys meet up?? Anyone know?? I'm on google map and it seems like the far west end parking lot of Mission Valley is ideal. There should be plenty of parking (perhaps some guys may want to double park) at the corner of Camino del Rio North and Mission Center Rd especially after dark. Will this work??
IRUN619
The 'Tib' guys are on board with a meet. Here's the response one the members gave me.

Hey, we've been wanting to set up a meet like a bbq or something, mission valley would be cool. if its gonna be night than i can do thursday/friday but not sat/sun night, or if its gonna be daytime meet any day is cool
IRUN619
Anyone up for a San Diego meet on Tuesday October 20th @ Fashion Valley Mall?? Top Open Air level of Parking garage of Movie Theatre Entrance?? We can shoot for 8pm??
popeye
Week days are hit and miss for me... (family man, wife works some evenings), in a word I'm out.
IRUN619
Is it just you? I thought there would be more San Diego area owners.
popeye
I can think of at least 2 others in the immediate area but I believe they are several more... I think if it were on a weekend Ricerrx7 and some of the members form OC and Riverside might show if we had a central meeting spot. Just a thought.
Matrixloader
QUOTE (IRUN619 @ Aug 29 2009, 09:06 AM) *
Does anyone know of any shows in the San Diego area coming up?? Are there ever any meets with the Kia or Daewoo guys???

For any san diego people in the area, we having a hyundai/nissan meet going on this Wednesday 11/11/09 at Miramar speed circuit at 630pm , there is going to be a guy there by the name of charles that is interested in making aftermarket parts for hyundais so we will be talking to him and also doing some go kart racing.

so if there are any san diego people you are all welcome to come.
I will be there at 615, Silver Turbocharged Elantra.

see you there.
IRUN619
QUOTE (Matrixloader @ Nov 10 2009, 12:18 AM) *
For any san diego people in the area, we having a hyundai/nissan meet going on this Wednesday 11/11/09 at Miramar speed circuit at 630pm , there is going to be a guy there by the name of charles that is interested in making aftermarket parts for hyundais so we will be talking to him and also doing some go kart racing.

so if there are any san diego people you are all welcome to come.
I will be there at 615, Silver Turbocharged Elantra.

see you there.

FFFUUUUUUDDDDGGGGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!! I missed it. Did you go?? Anything good??? It's been a while since I logged in and really I want to get a intake for my car. K&N sent me an e-mail that they don't have one for my car. Now searching for another brand also looking for front upper sway brace bar. Do you know how to get in touch with "Charles"? Thanks for the post and the heads up.

LA auto show coming up. Open to the public. $12 a ticket and kids 12 & under are free. Dec 4 - 13 at the LA convention center.

I'm making plans already to try to attend SEMA in Las Vegas next year.
popeye
QUOTE (IRUN619 @ Nov 15 2009, 03:43 PM) *
It's been a while since I logged in and really I want to get a intake for my car. K&N sent me an e-mail that they don't have one for my car. Now searching for another brand also looking for front upper sway brace bar.

What about the K&N Apollo? Mitch and one or two others have one...

Yeah I totally missed his post, and hell I'm super close to Miramar... Fudge is right. Hahaha my son loves that reference and uses it all the time.
IRUN619
I think the K&N have a stock panel filter replacement for the HD as well as a universal cone replacement however, after an email about a car specific cone and tube setup my response to my e-mail was that they don't have one for the 2007 - 2009 Elantra, and they reffered me to fill out some product request form on the K&N website. What kind of intake is Mitch using?

Got any ideas for my HD? I'm looking to safely get about 5 to 10 hp. I'm thinking of ordering 2 borla mufflers (center in center out) (I love the look of brand new piping) and perhaps get a bigger diameter resonator from the wrecking yard off another car. I need to hit up the Chula Vista wrecking yard.
IRUN619
Spotted - I was driving on I-5 south on my way home from work at around 10:20pm and spotted a glimps of a brand new 4 door Accent all black ("murdered out") with black rims, red lip, and what looked to be a spoiler similar to that of an STI spoiler. The car was slammed and pretty nice looking. Just thought I'd put that out there.
IRUN619
FYI for SD area - Big meet, all cars / tuners welcome. 3/20/10 at Crown Point. Not sure what time though, but I'll keep you all posted and update this thread when I get more info. Hope to see you there.
KaptKrunch
Grrr, I have jury duty that week. I may or may not be down here.
IRUN619
Ah man. I'm sure there will be more. Few of my buddies and co-workers are on the other forums for thier cars. They always send me txts. Here are some other meets, but I didn't post it up becuase I'm flying to Edmonton. I'm not going to withhold info but here's the 411.

When........Feb 18th
Time.........7:30pm
Where.......Pat & Oscars Mission Valley Parking Lot.

Here's the invite post:

"Hello Tuners and Gearheads!

This is Chris (from AlphaSquad) inviting everyone that have a love for cars to come out to this meet and chill. All cars makes/models are welcome. If you have an interest in Imports, Euros, American, any car you are more than welcome to come out and collaborate with people that have the same interest as you. Hope to see you guys there!

Where: Pat & Oscars parking lot in Mission Valley
8590 Rio San Diego Drive
San Diego, CA 92108
619-295-6200

When: Next Thursday (February 18th) @7:30. If this goes well we will try to do this more of these meets.

There are more places in this area than Oscars if you don’t like the food such as an Mexican and a deli shop.

Rules:

1. No Fast N Furious Moves (No need to chase Toretto down)
2. Try to keep the “Hood Popping” to a minimum. We don’t want to bring attention to ourselves.
3. Do not block the parking isles from oncoming traffic
4. No bumping (This aint no soundoff)

HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS THERE!!"

There's also another meet on the 21'st. I'll just copy and paste this one too.

Hi everyone, as you guys may know or may not i am still in high school and i am required to do something as a senior project, and for my project i have chosen to host a food drive/car meet, similar to the one Kid_DA(josh) hosted a couple of months back, i figured i should rather do something i love as a project than just do some normal regular presentation type of project. So i hope all of you guys can come and support me for my project and also help those in need. I am thinking of donating the food to the earthquake victims but not so sure on how to proceed with that, but i will do some research on it, but if i cannot find any information in it i will donate it to the San Diego Food Bank. And ill be bringing some food for the grill like burgers or something, and everyone feel free to bring more food and drinks, and utensils, it will really help, Thanks Guys and gals!

When: February 21, 2010 (sunday)

Time: 11-whenever.

Where: Solar Eclipse! Thanks Damien

DIRECTIONS!
solar eclipse 507 g ave 91950 - Google Maps
Rob
Damn... I'll be in San Diego on or about the 19th, to pick up my mother and stepfather from a cruise... in their car (a Mazda 6).

OH well tongue.gif
KaptKrunch
Hopefully my jury duty will be over by the 18th. My jury duty is in LA county.
IRUN619
OK, I got more info on that big tuner car meet. Here's the scoop.

Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010 (first day of Spring)

Time: 10:30AM

Where: Crown Point Park

Event: All Enthusiast and Tuner Invite and BBQ.

It's believe its mostly going to a BBQ for the NSX meet but I'm sure no one can stop you from bringing a grill of your own.

These are pretty much some confirmed forum participants from San Diego and Los Angeles area that are attending:

NSX, EVO's, Lancer's, TSX, 8th gen civic (as well as civic EK's EG's), RSX's, club Vortex VW's. Should be a pretty big turn out.

The best part, is it's free. I'd be a bit leary about just going up to someone else's BBQ grill without something of my own to contribute though if you plan on eating. That would be like crashing a party incognito style.
SNOOZEONE
wassup man, i go to sdsu, and live in the college area man, you should come out to the ARK meet this may 23, there's going to be a lot of JDM's there, so we need as many KDM's as possible. Please pass on this meet, and we should hang out some time in SD, and also let me know when you know about meets in san diego -snooze!
IRUN619
OK, I havn't posted on here in a long while but it would be cool to meet other Elantra owners.

I got this info from a Lambo owner organizing a Cars N Coffee meet in Carlsbad. Here's the info.

ALL CARS WELCOME
7:00am-9:00am
Carlsbad Company Stores
5620 Paseo Del Norte Suite #124
Carlsbad, California 92008
This upcoming Saturday morning ( 10/30/10 )

It's a huge lot so no worries about parking, plenty of good food places and it should be a great turnout. ANYONE is welcome to bring ANY car that they have and ANYONE they want to bring!!! Just no burnouts, donuts or anything that could get us in trouble.

I know it's kind of last minute but hope that maybe some Elantra owners can make it out. Pass this on to other responsible parties interested.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.