Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shocks
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Doug4.7
I think it is time to replace the shocks on my '07 Elantra. I'd like there to be a little less wiggle when taking sharp curves. Does anyone have any suggestions for replacement shocks?
Blupupher
If your shocks (struts actually) are worn out on your '07, go to the dealer, they are covered under warranty.

I highly doubt they are worn out already unless there is a blown seal, physical damage or is leaking.

Now if your just not happy with the performance of your stock suspension, that's different.
I don't know what aftermarket stuff is out for the HD.
sarge
If you're wanting to stiffen things up a little bit, there's a rear (anti)swaybar you can add on to the HD. I believe it's from the Touring edition, so a dealer purchase would be the best.

This will help keep the backend more level and feel planted through the turns. There's a post here of another member getting this done, and brought back up not too long ago. (Linky)

For sure if the struts are actually bad, that's what your warranty is for.... unless you're really wanting to upgrade everything.
Doug4.7
I keep forgetting this car has a 60,000 mile warranty (doh!). In the past, with my other cars, at about 40kmiles or so, the shocks would start to give out and I would be in the market for a "better" set.

I'll look into the anti-sway bar. That might be the best option for what I'm looking for. I'll also see if it might actually be the shocks. It is just not as "planted" as I'd like it in the curves. Again, I'm not after a street racer, just a good all around car (I know, boring, but I'm just an old fart).

Thanks for the input!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.